Monday, May 28, 2012

Avocado, Cherry Tomato & Corn Salad

Avocado Corn and Tomato Salad
(Updated photo)



We braai (BBQ) a lot - I mean, who watches a Rugby match without the grill on?  Speaking of Rugby, I am a enormous gigantic HUGE fan of the Blue Bulls.  Always have been, and always will be .. got that?? ALWAYS!

Now in our house it's a bit complicated - everyone has a different team we support .. yeah, it can get serious on a game day ... ME : Blue Bulls      ROY : Sharks      DIMITRI : Lions/Hurricanes       CHERI : Stormers  

Right, but we all agree - Rugby & a Braai goes hand in hand.  No matter the weather...

Avocado, Cherry Tomato & Corn Salad

SALAD GOODIES:

1 cup Frozen Corn
1 cup Halved Cherry Tomatoes (I like Italian, nice and sweet)
1/2 Onion, thinly sliced
1 Large Avocado, cubed into bite-sized pieces, sprinkled very lightly with lemon juice, to avoid discoloration

VINAIGRETTE:

1 TB White Vinegar
1/2 t Dijon Mustard
30ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Pinch Salt
Pinch Black Pepper, freshly ground

1.) Boil the Frozen Corn for 7 - 10 minutes, drain and let it cool completely (If you're in a hurry, keep it in the colander under running cold water for a minute) 
2.) Place all the Salad Goodies in a salad bowl and mix gently
3.) Mix together all the ingredients for the Vinaigrette and drizzle over the Salad - mix slightly
Keep in the fridge till ready to serve. 

This recipe can easily be doubled/tripled.

Avocado Corn and Tomato Salad
(Updated Photo)
 Hope you'll try this quick and delicious Avocado, Cherry Tomato & Corn Salad soon!


17 comments:

  1. Terrific salad for a barbecue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I flew to South Africa this past January and just fell in love with the country. How awesome that you get to live there! =)
    Kristina J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very unique and interesting salad
    It looks great and I'd love to try it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the combination in the salad. I might just make it, tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that salad looks heavenly!! I will be trying this. Thanks so much for linking up at I Gotta Create! <3 Christina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh My! That looks amazing! Thank you for sharing on Thursday's Treasures Week 36. Hope you will join again next week. <3 and hugs! http://www.recipesformyboys.com/2012/05/thursdays-treasures-week-36.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Linda! I LOVE avocados, corn and tomato together and this salad looks amazing. Thanks for sharing at the Weekend Potluck! We are your newest followers. Have a great week!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum, This salad looks yummy. I love avocado and am always looking for new recipes to use them in. Thanks for sharing at Creative Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love salads and this sounds so interesting and yummy. I am pinning it to try:) Thank you so much for sharing this at Freedom Fridays. Have a fabulous week!
    PS I am now also following you via bloglovin:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for all the lovely comments! You are all awesome and a special thanks to my new followers :-)
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice use of avocado. It would be super if you linked this post in to Food on Friday Series which is all about avocado this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for linking this in. I've put the title in for you. Have a great week.
      PS next week it's cheese

      Delete
  13. I'm pinning this one... my kids actually like all of the ingredients... score.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the sound of this! So fresh and summery. What a wonderful salad!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds completely awesome! I think this will become a regular at our house. Thanks so much for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete