Thursday, May 31, 2012

Bottom Sauce Chocolate Cups



What is a meal without a dessert ? Yeah, I suppose you will survive .. I try to make a dessert at least every second day, although it seems a nice something sweet, should be eaten every day.

Not good for the waistline, though  ;-) . The other night Cheri told me I have to stop now, it's not good for her figure. Right, but I'm not forcing them to have some, but of course nobody declines !

These Chocolate cups are dangerously very good. The sauce are poured over the batter, but once out of the oven you get this thick, sweet, chocolate sauce at the bottom.

I serve them with unsweetened Whipped cream because the pudding is sweet, but the sauce is unbelievably nice and sweet. These delicious desserts can be served any time of the year, and just plain Vanilla ice cream is a great topping as well.

I tried to get a good photo showing the sauce at the bottom - the ramekin on the right which I took a scoop out, came out best. I used standard size ramekins and got 4 servings from this recipe, but it can also be baked in a larger dish. (Your choice)

Here's the recipe:

Bottom Sauce Chocolate Cups:

Recipe used from this cookbook: Gesinskos - by Christelle Erasmus (one of our best Cookbook authors). If you can get any of her books - grab them - they're all awesome!

60ml Margarine, melted
175ml Sugar
1 Egg, whisked
5ml Vanilla
250ml (1 cup) Cake Flour
20ml Cocoa
2ml Salt
10ml Baking Powder
175ml Full cream Milk

300ml Boiling Water
250ml Brown Sugar
25ml Cocoa

1.) Pre-heat the oven to 160 deg C (325 deg F)
2.) Beat the Margarine and the Sugar together in a medium bowl. Add the Egg and Vanilla and mix well to combine.
3.) Sift together the Cake Flour, Cocoa, Salt and Baking Powder. 
4.) Add half of the Flour mixture and half the Milk to the Sugar mixture. Stir to mix and repeat with the leftover Flour and Milk.
5.) Pour batter into a lightly greased/sprayed dish or ramekins.
6.) In a saucepan, boil the Water, Brown sugar and Cocoa for a few minutes - Pour the sauce gently over the batter - do not mix, but it's not a train-smash if some of the sauce leak into the batter.
7.) Bake 25 - 30 minutes.

Serve immediately with cream or ice-cream.

This is a chocolate lover's dream dessert - hope you will try it (and enjoy! )

Later,

Linda

Linking up with these cool parties:

  









12 comments:

  1. I love this, we call it chocolate pudding cake, one of my faves since I was a child!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look soooo good! Thank you for sharing on Thursday's Treasures Week 36. Hope you will join again next week. <3 and hugs! http://www.recipesformyboys.com/2012/05/thursdays-treasures-week-36.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is heaven in a cup, I can't wait to give it a try. I only wish my family would turn down this dessert, then I could have 2 but I know everyone will be licking the bottom of the bowl with this one! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look amazing. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays and for joining in the bloglovin blog hop. I'm following.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh these are making my mouth water. Want!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look divine! Can't wait to try this delicious recipe. Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmm, These look and sound amazing! I can't wait to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing at Creative Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE CHOCOLATE!! I need not say anymore:) Thank you for sharing at Freedom Fridays. Have a chocolate no I meant a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! This sounds like the perfect dessert. Pinned for future use!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, you had me a gooey chocolate! This sounds too good and my waistline is already a mess so...I think I need to make this. I would love it if you would share on Tout It Tuesday. http://www.claimingourspace.com/2012/06/tout-it-tuesday-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for sharing on Tout It Tuesday! Hope to see you next week.

    ReplyDelete