Monday, May 14, 2012

Coffee Jello's




First recipe post .. right, most people (as I understand it) start their mornings with a cup or five of coffee.  Therefore my first post is about Coffee.  Me, not really a coffee lover - maybe a cup once a month with some rusks or a bag couple of cookies.

This is a recipe I pinned on Pinterest, I did find it interesting as the only jelly I ever made came out of a little box mixed with hot/cold water. Right, so we had all the fruit flavors and that was that for me. Until a whole wide world of recipes opened up on Pinterest! This is also the best place to connect with Bloggers - I like to get the actual posts from the blogs and not to just pin/re-pin a recipe. The fun part in this is to read the whole post which can be hilarious, sometimes a bit sad or little titbits (is that a word?) about their daily lives, or how the specific recipe came to be...

One of my main aims is to try out as many, of my pinned, Pinterest recipes/ideas and share them with you. Of course there will be some of my own creations whether it be a recipe or something else.

Back to the Coffee Jello's ... loved it, it is quick and easy to make, only one hang-up - you have to wait for it to set (..duh). That's why I made it just before going to sleep.

Next morning, I could not believe how nicely it has set, and it was a breeze cutting them into little cubes. Easy to remove from the glass dish I used and no breaking.

COFFEE JELLOS:

Original Source : That Win Some Girl


1/2 cup Cold Water
20g (2 sachets of Davis) Unflavored Gelatin
2 cups Strong Coffee (I used 500ml Boiling water and 6 TB Instant Coffee)
1 can (397g) Sweetened Condensed Milk

1.) Sprinkle the unflavored gelatin over the cold water in a large enough bowl for all the ingredients and set   
     aside until the gelatin blossomed ( 5 - 10 minutes)    
2.) In the meantime, make your coffee (if you want it stronger - add another TB or 2 of instant coffee to the   
     500ml Hot water, totally up to you).
3.) Once the gelatin blossomed, stir in the hot coffee and mix well. Make sure all the gelatin is dissolved.
4.) Add the condensed milk and mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
5.) Pour mixture into a 20 x 20cm dish. (I used a glass dish, no need to spray with Cooking Spray)
6.) Place in the refrigerator until well set - 3-4 hours will do.
7.) Cut into bite size cubes to your preference, I cut mine into 2cm square cubes.
8.) Keep in airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.

I did not make mine for a special do or guests - just wanted a treat ready to nibble on when I felt like it. These jello's kept well in the fridge for a week.  


45 comments:

  1. That's so interesting! I love coffee, I bet I would like this too! Thanks for visiting at The Latest Find, glad you like the social media icons. Now following along on your site.
    www.thelatestfind.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ashley! As you can see I'm very new to this, so let's see how it goes. Love the SMI's - but must still get to that ;-)

      Delete
  2. I'm a huge coffee drinker in the morning. This sounds great. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Jello's are really delicious.. I do not like hot coffee but in any cold way, I'm in! Thank you for hosting Whimsy Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this. I live on coffee. And see, because these are coffee, I can eat them for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thinking exactly, Dorothy ! Thanks for visiting my blog.

      Delete
  5. Interesting combo :) Following you from Sunday Hop! Love for you to follow back when you get a chance!

    Tomorrow I am hosting Mom's Monday Mingle. Love to have you ;)

    http://naptimeshopper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just become your no 311 GFC follower - looking forward to your posts!

      Delete
  6. WOW! I've never heard of such a thing...I'm definitely going to try them. I have a recipe for homemade sweetened condensed milk (can choose to make it nearly sugar free too!) and love cold coffee too. Thank you SO much for linking up at Weekend Potluck. We look forward to seeing more of your creative recipes there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found them to be quite addictive ! Enjoy .. and thank you for the Weekend Potluck, I love going through every entry and pin a lot on Pinterest.

      Delete
  7. I LOVE THIS IDEA FOR SUMMER! What a great recipe - I can't wait to try it! My mom is The Better Baker - she sent me the link and I'm so thankful she did!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, these look so cool! I would love to try these coffee jellos as part of a brunch spread- they would be a quirky and tasty treat for guests. I bet they would be good served with some common coffee add-ins, like chocolate syrup for a mocha, caramel syrup for a caramel frappuccino jello, and so on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea ! I think if you have different flavors, the shades (which will then differ), will look very nice on a platter.

      Delete
  9. What an interesting idea! Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just hope you enjoy ! I also grabbed your Omelette recipe, thanks

      Delete
  10. Before I had a chance to check out my blog to see how my link party was going, I got a text from my mom saying she wanted coffee Jello. I was so confused until I saw this:) I think she was going to make it tomorrow. She's a huge coffee fan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom's knows everything first, somehow .. lol.. I hope your Mom will enjoy this recipe!

      Delete
    2. She made it and loved it. She told me it tasted just like an iced coffee! I'm going to make some tonight!

      Delete
    3. I'm glad she liked it, because it doesn't really look like much .. until you taste it ;-)

      Delete
  11. OHHHH I've seen this before and have wanted to make it. Now, I will! I'm following your blog now. Thank you for sharing on Thursday's Treasures Week 36. Hope you will join again next week. <3 and hugs! http://www.recipesformyboys.com/2012/05/thursdays-treasures-week-36.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very glad I linked up last week and will again! Thank you for following
      Linda

      Delete
  12. Linda, these coffee jello's look amazing! I will be featuring them tomorrow night at Project Queen's Link Party! Thank you so much for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mandy, and I hope you'll make and taste a batch too !

      Delete
  13. Linda, We are coffee drinkers around here and this sounds delicious! I can't wait to try this recipe. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday this week. I can’t wait to see what you link up next week. Have a great weekend.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmm...what an interesting idea! I might get addicted to these! Thanks so much for linking up at Shine on Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Guilty as charged! I am that person that drinks 4-5 cups(or a pot) of coffee each morning:) I bet I would love this recipe:) Thank you for sharing at Freedom Fridays!
    Have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My husband would love these! He loves coffee and jello...what could be better than coffee jello!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That sounds yummy!
    I am following you from Country Momma Cooks.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh how interesting! I'm not a coffee person but I bet my dad would love it! Thanks for linking up to the All Star Block Party!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  19. i'm thinking kahlua, whipped vodka and coffee jello shots! great find!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'll have to see if my hubby would like these.. I don't drink coffee but I bet he'd love them... Thanks for sharing...


    Carri
    simplydonewright.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I live for my first cup of coffee in the morning so this recipe is right up my alley! Thanks so much for sharing on Tout It Tuesday! Hope to see you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW, that's original! Thanks for sharing....I may just have to give this a try!!! Thanks for linking all your amazing treats up :))))

    ReplyDelete
  23. My husband will love this. Thanks for linking with Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop.
    Debi
    Www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ok Linda {my favorite reader... don't tell anyone} but this looks SO YUMMY!!! I'm totally going to make some since we are coffee addicts in my house!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  25. this looks interesting... I don't drink coffee anymore but this may give me my coffee fix once in ahwile. Thanks for posting it on foodie friend friday.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This looks great! My father would have loved this recipe! Thanks for sharing at Foodie Friend's Friday! Please come back next week and share another great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Cool idea! I'm here from a blog party

    Check out my latest recipe, review & giveaway @ Baking Blissful

    ReplyDelete
  28. Looks good! Thanks for linking up For the Love of Coffee!

    ~Danette
    www.danettedillon.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hey there lady, following you from the FOR THE LOVE OF COFFEE link up. Thanks for joining us and fingers crossed you win the awesome prizes!
    Dalayna

    ReplyDelete
  30. My daughter would love this! I have to make it just for her. Looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete