Saturday, June 30, 2012

3 Meat Savory Tart


Roy and I went shopping yesterday - bought a bunch some Playstation Games for him at 2 different stores, we had gone into nearly every cellular store in the hope of finding something which will give us a better signal (for the Internet) - found many different {confusing} ideas from the so-called pros .. we're sleeping on which one to choose.

I had gone into a clothing store and bought Cheri a nice Melton jacket and a pair of jeggings for me, we had a late lunch at Maxi's, I bought some baking chocolate and moulds from a new shop I discovered, I finally remembered Dimitri needed some new pillows so we got that too.

Today we did some grocery shopping at 2 of the busiest supermarkets!

Phew, what a lot for two days ! For me, anyway ... I like staying home, inside my house, I do not like to go out, anywhere .. but, if you catch me in one of my better moods, I'll do things as listed above. Otherwise, I am home 24/7 with my doggies and hamster during the day and with my family at night.

That's why I chose to share this recipe with you today.  After shopping nobody is in the mood to stand in front of the stove for hours.  Make a White Sauce, mix it up with a few other goodies and pop into the oven. While that's in the oven quickly make a salad and from start to finish food will be on the table within one hour. TOPS.


3 Meat Savory Tart

1/4 cup Butter/Margarine
1/4 cup Flour
2 cups Full Cream Milk

1 cup Viennas, sliced into rings
1 cup Bacon Bits
2 cups Cheddar Cheese, grated
1 tin (300g) Corned Beef, cut into tiny pieces
4 Extra Large Eggs, beaten
1 TB Dried Parsley

1.) Pre-heat oven to 180deg C (350deg F) and lightly spray a 20 x 30cm oven dish with Spray 'N Cook.
2.) Use a microwavable bowl - melt the Butter/Margarine - add the Flour and mix until a paste has formed, slowly add the milk, stirring every now and then to combine the paste and the Milk. (make sure to scrape the sides and bottom as the paste clings a bit).
3.) Microwave at full power for two minutes, remove and stir to break up any clots before returning the sauce to the microwave - repeat this step about six times, but with one minute intervals. As soon as the sauce is thick, put aside to cool slightly. (around 5 minutes will do)
4.) Meanwhile, add the Viennas, Bacon, Cheddar, Corned Beef and the Eggs to a large mixing bowl - mix well to combine all and then add the cooled White Sauce - mix well again.
5.) Transfer mixture to the prepared oven dish - sprinkle top with the Dried Parsley.
6.) Bake 40 minutes until slightly puffy and nicely browned.

Remove from oven and let stand for five minutes to settle. Serve!

Later,

Linda

Linking up with these cool parties:




5 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to come and eat at your house. Would you link this one with my blog hop. Your recipes are always wonderful, and this looks delicious. You can find it at
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/07/3-face-masks-from-your-kitchen-and.html
    It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop.
    I hope to see you there. Have a great Day.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for linking with Wednesdays Adorned From Above's blog Hop. I love this recipe. My family are all meat lovers.
      Debi
      www.adornedfromabove.com

      Delete
  3. I love these one dish dinners:) Outstanding:) I too love to stay at home, I live 10 miles from town and try to find reasons not to go. I have too much to do at home:)
    Thank you for supporting and always sharing at Freedom Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! Sounds delish! I've just spent a couple of days shopping getting ready for our big family trip to the Mediterranean and I sure don't feel like spending a lot of time cooking. I love casseroles. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete