Saturday, June 23, 2012

Baby Marrow Feta Salad


As I told you in my post Bacon Wrapped Viennas in a Biscuit, I was craving this salad yesterday.

I believe it's an old recipe which a Spa used to serve to their clients - definitely very healthy and oh, so full of flavor !

The ingredients might look like a lot, but do the slicing first and then it's basically just layering or however you prefer.

This is enough for 6 - 8 people as a side, but can easily be halved.


Just wanted to show you a pic of my favorite glass Salad bowl(was a wedding present and I guard it with special securities/alarms - big whink!!)

Baby Marrow Feta Salad

10 - 12 Baby Marrows, ends cut off and sliced into rings
250g White Button Mushrooms, sliced (I buy ready sliced to save time)
2 Rings Feta Cheese, plain, cut into bite-sized chunks (option: use reduced fat Feta)
4 Celery Stalks, cut into rings
1 Large Red Bell Pepper, cut into thin slices
1 Small Onion, cut into rings
15 Black Olives

Dressing:
90ml Sunflower Oil
30ml Lemon Juice
10ml Honey
2 t Crushed Garlic
45ml Parsley, chopped

1.) Start with the Baby Marrows and then just layer every vegetable on top of each other or mix the whole bunch - however you prefer {I like to leave the Olives till last and then arrange it nicely right on top}
2.) Mix all the dressing ingredients until well combined and drizzle over the Salad.

Chill and serve - easy, healthy, guilt-free and I repeat FULL of Flavor !

We had some leftover which was still good the next day (Except Roy helped himself to all the Feta and Olives) - I just added some more and there was enough for a light lunch for the two of us!

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend !

Ciao for now,

Linda

Linking up with these cool parties:













9 comments:

  1. This recipe is great, especially since it uses the some of the zuchinnis (what we call marrows) that can take over the garden. Thanks so much for sharing on Tout It Tuesday. Hope to see you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting...It does sound good. Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great and healthy! Just what I love! Thanks for linking and good to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for linking up to the ALL STARS BLOCK PARTY!!!

    Carri
    simplydonewright.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Jessica, it is Zucchini - we call them Baby Marrow in South Africa,
      Linda

      Delete
  6. Wow, this looks delish and perfect for hot summer nights. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a good one, too. Thanks for linking in

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love marrow from beef bones!

    Alas, zucchini is not a fav veggie of mine. However, your recipe sounds delish.

    South Africa -- wow! Closest I got to you was meeting people from SA who were on tour with me in Israel.

    The first male to ask for my hand in marriage left Ohio and moved to Cape Town - no, we did not marry and he never again contacted me, once the ship left NY harbor.

    ReplyDelete