Friday, June 22, 2012

Creamy Oreo Dessert


Chocolate cookie crust, cream cheese, Oreos, pudding ... sounds good, hey?

When I saw this recipe on Mandy's Recipe Box, I new I wanted to make it immediately!

I never actually bought Oreos for myself, the kids asked for some now and then but otherwise I didn't know much about it. Not just a cookie to dip in a glass of milk, oh no !

In this recipe it's actually used as the crust - gives my very trusting Tennis biscuit crust a good run. To be honest, I wouldn't be able to choose just one, as the one biscuit is as versatile as the other.

I've made cupcakes with Oreos inside or on the bottom, used it in frostings, crusts as with this recipe, in a type of candy and a lot of other goodies... But, all this started only a few months ago when I started using Pinterest. {I'm now an addict}.  This is truly an eye-opener site - many people, I've come to realise, still think it's just a site where they can look at some nice pictures and pin it if they like it. 

That's one thing I think Pinterest should really get into - explain from the start how it works (click on a pic, click again and you'll be taken to the recipe). I've seen time and again where people ask, in the comments line, where and how to get the recipe. Fortunately, a lot of pinners would leave a comment explaining the procedure.

True, there are a whole lot of pictures which are just that, but Pinterest's stats has shown that actual recipes rule the site !

Creamy Oreo Dessert

very slightly adapted from this source: http://mandysrecipebox.blogspot.com/2012/04/heavenly-oreo-dessert.html

1 box (4 sleeves) Original Oreo Cookies, crushed finely
1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, melted
3 (90g boxes) Instant Chocolate Pudding
3 cups Cold Full Cream Milk
500 ml Fresh Cream, whipped
250g Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup Icing Sugar, sifted
1/2 cup Mini Chocolate Chips

1.) Make a crust with the crushed Oreo cookies and the melted butter. Press into the bottom of a 20 x 30cm (9 x 13") dish.
2.) Add the Chocolate pudding (all 3 boxes) to the Milk and mix according to the instructions on the box. Place in refrigerator.
3.) Beat the Cream cheese until smooth - Add the sifted Icing Sugar, mix well, and then add half of the Whipped cream, stir just enough to combine.
4.) Spread the Cream cheese over the crust,  followed by the Chocolate pudding.
5.) Top with the remaining Whipped cream and sprinkle with the Mini Chocolate Chips.
6.) Refrigerate for 2 - 3 hours before serving.

I just could not get enough of this dessert and I think I had more than half of it !

Later

Linda

Linking up with these cool parties:













13 comments:

  1. Oh my does this look good. D and I love Oreos so this is right up our alley! Thanks so much for sharing on Tout It Tuesday. Hope to see you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. My nephew would love this. Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Oreos and with the warmer weather we're having, a cool dessert like this would be nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great dessert for summer, it looks soo tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so good ....another great recipe my husband would love...


    Thank you for linking up to the ALL STARS BLOCK PARTY!!!

    Carri
    simplydonewright.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so easy and delicious! Thanks for linking to our All Stars Block Party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're making me hungry! :)

    I found you in blog hop and I followed you via GFC. I hope we can interact and know more abt each other through this. It would mean a lot if you drop by my blog as well. Kindly answer the Nuffnang poll in my side bar, it’ll just take a few seconds, promise!

    Jen
    whyyyjen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I saw Orea in the title I knew this was going to be good! Thanks for linking up at Heavenly Treats Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am all about anything that uses Oreos!!! This is the perfect summer time dessert:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, my kids are going to love this! They love anything to do with Oreos. Thanks for sharing at Creative Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post.
    Review my web site ... howtostopsnoringnow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete