Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pea,Egg & Feta Salad

 



We are smack-down in the middle of Winter but I still love a good salad. Most Winter time meals are comfort foods, like a stew or a hearty meat pie - and what better side than a salad.

This is also a filling salad and can easily be eaten with only a slice or two of whole-wheat or rye bread.

Besides for the eggs that has to be boiled, it's a "throw-together" salad !  {which, if you've been following my posts, you'll know is just right for me. Easy, no fuss...}

Pea, Egg & Feta Salad


3 Hard-boiled Eggs, sliced into rings
2 cups Frozen Peas, do not defrost
3 TB Mayonnaise
1/2 Onion, sliced into rings
Small Lettuce (I like Crisp Lettuce), torn into smaller pieces
1 - 2 Feta rings, plain (depending on your love for Feta !), cubed or crumbled


1.) Place the Frozen Peas in a bowl and mix with the Mayonnaise - leave to stand about 5 minutes
2.) I start with a layer of Lettuce - Mayonnaise Frozen Peas - Onion - Eggs - Feta.
3.) Repeat the layers - or if you prefer - just dump all the ingredients into a mixing bowl, mix and transfer to a salad serving dish.

I thought the salad might need a little salt as it has no dressing (besides the small amount of mayo), but when I tried a little with salt and a little without, I preferred without the salt.

This is a perfect salad to quickly put together for unexpected guests or to take with to a BBQ/ picnic.

11 comments:

  1. Hi Linda! I wanted to let you know that I am passing the Sunshine Award along to you! Here's a link with some more info sunshine Award
    Dawn @ DJ's Sugar Shack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! This sounds delicious to me! Kind of reminds me of the 7 layer salad my step-mom makes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pinned it! Looks yummy! Wonder if you could use something other than feta?

    Kara
    www.swindellonline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are here in the middle of summer and it's hot(!!) and I think it's a wonderful salad for this weather
    Love you recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We make a similar salad, but with grated cheddar cheese and grated carrots. We usually add a sprinkling of bacon on the top! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love salads and this is just in time for our summer on this side of the world:) Yes, this would be perfect for our cookout. Thank you for sharing at Freedom Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks delicious and perfect for summer. It's finally getting hot here in California and it's too hot to use the oven so salads it is. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday last week. I can't wait to see what you link up next. Have a great week.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo hoo you are going to town with links today.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sound really delicious! I love feta cheese! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete