Monday, June 18, 2012

Peppermint Crisp Tart


Who can say no to a piece (not slice) of Peppermint Tart ?

Delicious ! Does not look like much until you taste it, out of this world and with such simple ingredients as well.

One thing about this particular recipe: it does not slice well, no way, you use a LARGE decent sized spoon and dish it up, then sit back and just ... enjoyyy.

Kids and adults all go crazy for this tart/pudding. I suppose it is really a pudding and not a tart, whatever, you can call it the way you like.

Forget the layers of biscuit and use it as a filling for .. uhm, meringues, ice cream cones, ready-made mini shells ... and the list goes on.

Here we are;

Peppermint Crisp Tart

1 packet Tennis Biscuits, or what you normally use in layered puddings, if unavailable
250ml Fresh Cream
5ml Peppermint Essence
1 can (397g) Caramel Condensed Milk
1 Medium size Peppermint Crisp Chocolate, grated

1.) Whip the Fresh cream until stiff, adding the Peppermint essence during whipping.
2.) Gently fold in the Caramel condensed milk to the whipped cream.
3.) Use a 20 x 20cm (8 x 8") dish and place a single layer of  Tennis biscuits at the bottom. Pour half of the Caramel mixture over the biscuit layer and repeat ending with a layer of Caramel mixture.
4.) Sprinkle the grated Peppermint Crisp Chocolate on top.
5.) Refrigerate 1 - 2 hours before serving. (It will only set slightly - that's okay, you want it that way!)

Serve on it's own or maybe an extra dollop of unsweetened whipped cream - it's a very sweet recipe, therefore you might want to "balance" it out with something unsweetened? As always, up to you!

I'm going to play with Chichi and Rex for a while now, be good, till next time!

Linda


Linking up with these cool parties:






















16 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! I found your blog via the Mom's Mingle and am happy to be your newest follower! I would love for you to follow me back at http://www.two-in-diapers.blogspot.com. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great. I am your newest GFC follower from a Blog Hop. I am enjoying finding new blogs to check out. :)

    Hope you can come by sometime as well.

    Tami
    The Things We Find Inside

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a particular fan of peppermint, but this looks like it might be popular with my family!
    Thanks for stopping by over at the GFC blog hop,
    figured I'd stop by and return the love. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really good I was wondering if you would link it in my Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop. Here is the link:

    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/06/natural-aftershave-and-wednesdays.html

    I would love to have anything that you would like to link.
    Sincerely,
    Debi Bolocofsky
    www.adornedfromabove.com
    Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This loooks delicious. Can't wait ti give it a try. Thank you for linking with Adorned From Above.
      Debi

      Delete
  5. This IS interesting!
    I know it sounds weird but I've never made anything with peppermint
    It's about time, this tart look delicious

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so good, I love mint! Hope your doggies are well and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like it would be refreshing this time of year. Thanks so much for linking up at I Gotta Create! <3 Christina

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks yummy! I would love for you to link up with me every Wednesday at http://www.firsthomelovelife.com/2012/06/features-and-whats-cooking-wednesday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so good!Thanks so much for linking up to Heavenly Treats Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh. This is an AMAZING recipe. I must make it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds amazing! I can't wait to try the recipe! Such simple ingredients, my mouth is watering!

    Found you from Heavenly Treat Link Up! New follower, and would love if you could follow back.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love peppermint:) And I have never tried anything like this. I am pinning it so I will remember to try it:) Thank you for sharing at Freedom Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum! I love peppermint and this looks super yummy. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds wonderful. Is the Caramel Condensed Milk like Dulce De Leche? If so, I'm all set to make this! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete