Sunday, June 24, 2012

Strawberry Bread



BIG  NEWS - I just received an E-Mail informing me that my little blog "WITH A BLAST" has been featured on the weekly FOODIE  BLOGROLL !! I am so excited as I only started in May 2012 and definitely did not expect this {I'm smiling, smiling and can not stop...- oh my 15 minutes of fame}

Are you a member ? If not, you are free and welcome to apply through the widget displayed in my sidebar !

Okay, my 15 minutes of fame is up - on to today's recipe. 

I've never made Strawberry Bread - first bake and first success. Moist and really ... well, strawberry-ish! I saw a link on one of the linky parties this week, pinned it and decided to print immediately as I had all the ingredients on hand.

The recipe is just enough for a medium loaf and with our family going overboard on the desserts, I think I'll double the recipe next time!

Strawberry Bread


1 1/2 cups Fresh Strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced
1 cup Sugar, divided
1 1/2 cups Flour (I used Cake Flour)
1 t Baking Powder
1/2 t Baking Soda
1/4 t Salt
1 t Cinnamon
2 Eggs 
1/2 t Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Butter, melted and cooled

1.) Place the Strawberries in a non-metallic bowl and add 1/2 cup Sugar. Set aside.
2.) Pre-heat oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) - Spray a loaf pan with Spray 'N Cook and line the bottom with baking paper.
3.) Mix together the remaining 1/2 cup Sugar, Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Salt and Cinnamon.
4.) In a separate bowl, beat the Eggs until foamy, add the Vanilla and the cooled melted Butter, whilst beating continuously.
5.) Stir in the Strawberries to the Egg mixture, and mix with the dry ingredients.
6.) Transfer to the prepared loaf pan and bake for 60 - 70 minutes until a tester comes out clean.
7.) Remove from the oven, leave in pan for 5 minutes then turn out to cool on a wire-rack for 20 minutes.

I served the bread, sliced, with a dollop of lightly sweetened whipped cream and a few fresh strawberry slices. 

A number of goodies attracted my attention on Miz Helen's Country Cottage and I'll definitely visit her blog more often. You have the link above - go check out her blog {unless I'm the only one late to this party!}

Ciao for now,

Linda

Linking up with these cool parties:









23 comments:

  1. Congrats on your feature! That's so great :)

    Following you now via GFC!! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower! Feel free to visit http://birthofamom.blogspot.com and follow back

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome that you were featured! What a great feeling!! :) Keep up the great work! Stopping by from Mom's Mingle Night! Happy to connect with you on all social media levels! :) Cindy (vegetarianmamma.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower as well, the strawberry bread sounds incredible. I would love if you followed back at
    www.iheartpears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks delicious! I'm your newest follower. Hope you'll return the favor and follow my blog and/or FB fan page!
    http://www.countrifiedhicks.com
    http://www.facebook.com/countrifiedhicks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I'm following you from the Mom's Monday Mingle blog hop! Look forward to reading more! I would appreciate the follow back! Thanks! -Kat

    http://mom-uncensored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy! Found you from the blog hop, now following via google friend and pinterest. Would love follows back www.cumminslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following - am following you via GFC!

      Delete
  8. Hey lady!! I just found your cute blog via the hop and added myself to your followers! Also I’d love to have you check out a fabulous OSCAR DE LA RENTA giveaway I’m having right now!!
    Hope to see you there! And thanks so much!
    Xo, Emily

    http://emilymmeyers.blogspot.com/2012/06/oscar-de-la-renta-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on being featured! I love strawberry bread and can't wait to try your version. Thanks so much for sharing on Tout It Tuesday. Hope to see you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the feature. I've never heard of strawberry bread before. But I love strawberries so I bet this tastes great. Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  11. This bread sound great. I love strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your feature! This strawberry bread looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your feature :) Thank you for sharing this at "All my Bloggy Friends" ... this sounds like it would be wonderful for breakfast or with a cup of tea! I hope you have a great weekend and I hope to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your feature.... I've never tried Strawberry Bread before ... I need to try this one.. I love all things strawberry....
    Thanks for sharing

    Thank you for linking up to the ALL STARS BLOCK PARTY!!!

    Carri
    simplydonewright.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never made Strawberry bread, can't wait to try. Thanks for linking up to the Weekend Potluck! Have a terrific weekend!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  16. Strawberry Bread! Now this looks good, and I must make it! Thanks for linking up to Heavenly Treats Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on your feature! Love the use of strawberries in this bread. YUM. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for linking in to Food on Friday - this bread looks very good. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete