Thursday, July 12, 2012

Bacon & Cheese Bread{mix & bake}


By now you should know I love "mix & bake" breads. Still haven't used the Breadmaker!

This awesome bread can be baked in a regular loaf pan or, as I do, in a round cake pan. Just looks better, different, you know - cut it in triangles, as you'd cut a cake or in squares ... 

It has a slightly sweet taste, but that makes it all the more of a taste sensation.

I found the recipe for this in my Springbok Kitchen cookbook. What's more, it is a recipe by Bakkies Botha ! .. I hear you, no idea who he is? Right, then you're not a Rugby fan - that's okay, but I am, as I've said tons a few times before, I AM A HUGE SUPPORTER and Bakkies did not only play for the Blue Bulls (my provincial team), but he played for the Springboks for many years.

Anyhow, I made this bread a couple of times already and it has never flopped. 


Straight out of the oven - can you smell it?? Bet you can ...


Bacon & Cheese Bread{mix & bake}

1 1/4 cup Self-raising Flour
1/2 t Salt
3 TB Sugar
250g Back Bacon, fried and roughly chopped
1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
1 TB Freshly chopped Parsley (or 1 1/2 t Dried)
2 TB Sunflower Oil           (Bakkies uses Canola - but I don't like Canola)
2 Extra-Large Eggs
3/4 cup Milk

1.) Pre-heat oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) - Spray a cake pan or loaf pan with Spray 'N Cook and line the bottom with baking paper.
2.) Sift the Flour, Salt and Sugar together - Add the Bacon, Cheddar and Parsley and stir to combine.
3.) Beat the Oil, Eggs and Milk together in a separate bowl - Add to the Flour mixture and mix well.
4.) Place in the prepared pan and bake 50 - 60 minutes.

Remove from oven, leave to cool in pan for 5 minutes - Serve warm with butter!

Run along ... I know you're going to make it now!  ;-D

Till later,

Linda

Linking up with these cool parties:








7 comments:

  1. This sounds easy to make and super delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great. Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love quick breads ... and I'm always on the hunt for new recipes! Already pinned :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We would just love your Bacon and Cheese Bread, it looks awesome! Hope you are having a great summer week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great and has two of my favorite ingredients - bacon and cheese! Thanks so much for sharing on Tout It Tuesday! Hope to see you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So tempting, what could be better than bacon, cheese and bread. Outstanding:) Thank you for sharing at Freedom Fridays.

    ReplyDelete