Monday, July 30, 2012

Bacon & Mushroom Pasta


I couldn't get enough of this pasta dish last night - it was soooo good!

The photo is of a full plate and I must have had at least two plates (and I went back later for some more!).

I am making a lot of pasta dishes lately as Dimitri and Jacobus are both into body building. Think it started sub-consciously, though ...

During the week, when Cheri is actually home, I try to make something a bit healthier but also filling enough for the men in the house.

I do not think I shared the news about Cheri getting her drivers licence a while ago..? No, I don't think I did - well, she is licensed and allowed (by law) to drive. When Dimitri received his licence, I did not worry as much as I do now that Cheri has hers. I know she drives well and won't do something stupid ... it's just, she's still our little girl ... {Deep down I'd still like it to be us to drive her around}

Anyhow, I worry about both of them, especially when they drive at night - I remember my late Mom used to tell me that the older her kids got, the bigger the worries became! Mom, I now understand what you meant...

Okay, enough - here is the recipe {as always - quick, easy and this particular dish...awesome}

Bacon & Mushroom Pasta

500g Screw Pasta (or your favorite)
Oil 
250g Bacon Bits
1 Large Onion, chopped
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
1 can Mushrooms, drained
1/4 cup Fresh Cream
Freshly ground Black Pepper

1.) Boil the Pasta according to the instructions on the pack.
2.) Meanwhile, fry the Bacon Bits and Onion until soft in a little Oil - Add the Cream of Chicken Soup, Cheddar cheese and Mushrooms - simmer until the cheese has completely melted.
3.) Add the Fresh Cream and Black Pepper to the Bacon mixture and simmer until just heated through.
4.) Drain the Pasta, place back in pot, add the Bacon mixture and gently mix.
5.) Transfer to a serving dish and serve immediately.

Start to finish - 20 minutes!

Ciao for now,


Linking up to these cool parties:


 

9 comments:

  1. Yum! This looks like a perfect, quick weeknight meal :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to try this! Thank you for sharing at All my Bloggy Friends :)

      Delete
  2. Such a great blog! so glad i found you via the hop!

    http://thebees3.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from Trick or Treat Tuesday!

    What a fantastic pasta! I love the combination of bacon and mushrooms! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I love mushroom pasta. I bet it's great with bacon! Thanks for sharing on Marvelous Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not looking forward to the time when my kids get their drivers licenses. I will worry no matter what! maybe a big bowl of this awesome pasta will help me get over it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I worry all the time {secretly, when each of them undertook the test, I hoped they would fail and we could continue to drive them around..lol}Bad thing for a mother to do ;-)
      The Pasta is very good, but I doubt it'll take away your worries...never-the-less - hope you enjoy!
      Linda

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sharing on Southern Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! Thanks for linking this one in too.

    PS Next week's Food on Friday is on Lamb.

    ReplyDelete