Friday, July 20, 2012

BBQ Beef Baps


This is what I make when I am too lazy in a hurry or just don't feel like spending a lot of time in the kitchen.

With Cheese or without - just as good!

Sometimes I will make this in the morning if I have a busy afternoon and just leave it till dinner time. A quick re-heat and all is fine (Does not dry out - as long as it is kept covered)

I like this recipe because it is not too saucy, but definitely not dry. 

BBQ Beef Baps

2 TB Butter
2 Onions, finely chopped
2 Green Bell Peppers, cored, seeded and sliced thinly
2 t Garlic,crushed
6 TB Dark Brown Sugar
2 TB Worcestershire Sauce
2 TB Mustard
3/4 cup Tomato Sauce
4 TB Cider Vinegar
Salt & Pepper, to taste
700g Cooked Ground Beef (Mince)

8 Baps or Hamburger Buns

1.) Saute the Onion, Green Bell Peppers and Garlic in the Butter until soft but not brown.
2.) Add the Dark Brown Sugar, Worcestershire Sauce, Mustard, Tomato Sauce and Cider Vinegar to the vegetables in the pan - Cook over low heat for 5 - 10 minutes.
3.) Add the Cooked Ground Beef to the sauce mixture in the pan - Season to taste.
4.) Stir well until combined and heat through gently.

Spoon the BBQ Beef mixture into the Hamburger buns - (Add cheese if preferred).

ps; I usually cook the Ground meat at the same time as cooking the sauce, then both are ready at the same time.

Later,

Linda

Linking up with these cool parties:



1 comment:

  1. I found your blog via the weekend blog hop!

    That sandwich looks soo yummy! I bet my family would like it too :).

    http://www.southernpixie.com

    ReplyDelete