Saturday, July 14, 2012

Choc,Caramel & Ice Cream Mini Cones


For some or other reason Supermarkets know just how to get parents riled up!

You get to the pay-point, waiting (not always so patiently) and the kids start nagging for all the candy the supermarket decided to display right there .. after two or three NO! NO! shouts you finally tell them to just take something.

Although, I must admit, when my kids were still younger, they never over-estimated their luck with me .. they knew, right there and then I'll give them a whack on their little behinds (No, I'm not a monster, and it didn't happen a lot). And no tugging on me.. that's always been a no-no. 

Of course they loved going to the store with Roy, whatever they wanted, just magically ended in the basket! And Daddy paid! End of story. 

Right, to get to today's snack - {Don't like it, but I have to admit I am just as guilty as the kids here} - Most of our stores have a box of these little Caramel filled Mini Cones topped with chocolate and sprinkles, on the counter.  All of us love this little treat and will easily grab handfulls some when paying. Usually, before we even reach the car - they're all gone!

Whilst at the counter today, I gave the box a look {as did Roy...} but then I remembered I have ready-made mini cones at home - before we left the store, I had already decided how I'm going to give it a try on my own. No need to be a rocket scientist ...


Everything you need : Mini Cones (or regular, or the little ones which can be used for cupcakes) / Chocolate / Caramel / Marshmallows / Ice Cream / Topping - I used Rainbow Bubbles.


I used a square of polystyrene, Roy made some holes, then I covered it with foil and pressed the Mini Cones into the holes to stand upright. (Easiest way for me)


Melt the Chocolate and scoop a small amount into the bottom of each cone.


Next pipe in some Caramel up to about one centimeter (1/2 inch) from the top. (I used a plastic bag with a smallish hole as a teaspoon would've been too big)


Melt some Marshmallows {might well be the last time I work with sticky mallows!}, use a very small spoon to add a little to the top of each cone.


Soften the Ice-Cream slightly, pour into a piping bag and pipe over the top to look like a miniature ice-cream. I had to wiggle these hands and whatever else because it started to melt (remember these are tiny). Top with a Rainbow Bubble - quickly take a photo !! Quick! Quick ! and get it in the freezer until you're ready to serve.

I made 20 which I thought were plenty for only 4 adults but they lasted only 10 minutes! And I only had 2 !

Well, that's a rule in our house (ugh, I imposed this .. ) first come, first served - and well I got to my own party dessert too late...

Later {I have a little craft post coming up!}

Linda

Linking up with these cool parties:


















22 comments:

  1. Not sure I've seen these mini-cones available in stores here in the states, but I like the things you combined and I can definitely get the larger cones. I'm always looking for special treats for my grandkids. thanks for sharing, Gail (BibleLoveNotes.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look yummy! I may be trying these soon! :)

    Danielle @ Healing the Heaviness

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look SO good! I'm stopping by from the Monday Blog Hop and am now a new follower:) Would love for you to stop by Crazy Mama Drama!
    http://crazy-mama-drama.blogspot.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Crazy-Mama-Drama/259491484156846

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I am your newest follower from Cover in Grace Linky party. :)

    Kathy @ http://lifeonlakeshoredrive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look wonderful. Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! I love these! Thanks for linking up! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so cute and sound wonderful. I am so with you on the stores putting that stuff at the checkouts to get the kiddos to nag their parents! My kids learned from a young age to not even ask! Thank you for sharing at All my Bloggy Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like a fun recipe for kids! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda,
    These cones look delicious and I can't wait to give them a try. Hope you are having a great summer week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are too cute. Haven't seen mini-cones here in the States but I am gonig to have to look. Thanks for sharing on Tout It Tuesday! Hope to see you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are adorable!! How sad you only got 2...guess you will have to make another batch just for you:-) Thank you so much for sharing on Trick or Treat Tuesday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a perfect combination:) And how clever to use ice cream cones. Thank you for sharing at Freedom Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so cute! I don't think I've ever seen anything like them before but I'm glad you shared this idea!! My little one would love them! And they would be a great birthday party idea!!

    I'd love to invite you to share this dessert at my link party ~ Mom's Test Meal Mondays!

    Hope you are having a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. sooooo good!

    Come say hi over at nichollvincent.blogspot.com, happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are delightful! In the USA I heard that they make chocolate Bugles, which I've seen a blogger make tiny ice cream cones with. I'm going to try to find those. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are awesome! Found you featured at Shaken Together!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an awesome idea! I love the idea of little bite sized ice cream cones. Thanks so much for sharing on Marvelous Mondays!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yum,
    These are super cute and sound delicious. I haven't ever seen the tiny cones either but this would be great with regular size ones too :) Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adorable...I'd love to try these. Thanks for sharing on Southern Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So much fun!! Thanks for linking up to Tasty Thursdays at The Mandatory Mooch. Hope you will link up again this week. The party just went live at http://mandatorymooch.blogspot.com/2012/08/tasty-thursday-4.html

    Thanks,
    Nichi

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is totally why I don't bring the kids to the store with me, all the candy at the check out! I've never seen these cones, yours look delicious! Thanks for linking up to Iron Chef Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Excited to be featuring your frozen treat! Check it out: http://www.dosmallthingswithlove.com/2013/07/35-homemade-frozen-treats.html. AND, come link up NECKLACE PENDANTS, which we will be featuring next week: http://www.dosmallthingswithlove.com/2013/07/happy-hour-friday-75.html

    ReplyDelete