Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Ginger Choc Truffles


Sooo, it's Madiba's birthday today - yes, the man is already in his 90's!

Happy Birthday Mr Mandela !!!

He is such a wonderful man who had so many dreams, visions and hopes for this country, but sadly not all {I should say "most"} did not come true - no I'm not going to talk politics - just want to make a point that everything is not what it seems in South-Africa.

I made these amazing truffles only twice, no reason other than I forgot about them !

After last night's batch, I'll definitely make them more often - it's now a family favorite... and of course quick and easy. This took about 10 minutes to make and another 10 - 15 minutes to set.


I used mini cupcake liners and the recipe made 40.

Ginger Choc Truffles

200g Ginger Biscuits, crumbed (as fine or coarse as you prefer)
300g Good quality Chocolate
1 t Ground Ginger
1 t Vanilla

1.) Mix the Ginger biscuit crumbs with the Ground Ginger.
2.) Melt the Chocolate and add to the crumb mixture - stir to combine
3.) Add the Vanilla to the mixture and mix well.
4.) Scoop a teaspoon full of the mixture into each cupcake liner.
5.) Chill until set and serve.

I dusted mine with a too much bit of Icing Sugar. VERY  ADDICTIVE !!!

Till later, {behind on my posts again}

Linda

Linking up with these cool parties:













14 comments:

  1. I love quick and easy recipes :) These look mighty tasty too! Nelson Mandela influenced so many people - even here in the States! Thank you for sharing at All my Bloggy Friends this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing with Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party. These look amazing. My husband is going to love them.
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are huge ginger fans, I can't wait to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these sound awesome so very tasty

    come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love ginger so much! I also love that these only have a few ingredients! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy! Stopping by from Freedom Friday hop and following.

    Debra
    Granny's Down Home Southern Cooking

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks delicious!

    ~MySweetCreations

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a wonderful dish! I'd love you to come by and link up to Southern Sundays linky party. It opens tomorrow. Hope to see you there! www.asliceofsouthern.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. These looks delish! Thanks for sharing :) Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing such a great dish! Hope to see you back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for linking this in, Linda. Hope the New Year is treating you well so far.

    ReplyDelete