Friday, July 20, 2012

Red Wine Cream


If you like a glass of Red Wine, you will love this easy dessert. Even if you don't like Red Wine you'll like it.

I only have a glass or two of  alcohol a year - then I'll definitely have a good Dry Red Wine ! Roy will enjoy a beer or two maybe every few months and I'll take a sip from him - that's enough - not as if I don't like alcohol or have anything against it - it just doesn't work well when you're on certain medications.

Cheri absolutely hates it when I cook or bake anything with Wine, Beer or any other alcohol in it. She'll walk in the door, smell it, and tell me exactly what I've used and what she thinks about it ! Rude kid, yeah? But she'll eat whatever, otherwise it's bread and butter.

Now, don't get me wrong ... she likes a glass or two of Wine - just not in cooking.  

Same thing with Dimitri, he again believes the only place Peanut Butter belongs with, is on bread - I make my own PB Cups and various other recipes with Peanut Butter but he refuses to eat it if it's not a normal Peanut Butter sandwich. 

Can't please them all !


Very Creamy Mousse Dessert

Red Wine Cream

1 Packet (90g) Raspberry jelly (Jello)
300ml Boiling Water
150ml Red Wine (I used Dry)
250ml Fresh Cream
Extra Whipped Cream, slightly sweetened - to decorate

1.) Dissolve the Jelly in the Boiling Water and add the Red Wine - chill (but do not let it start to set)
2.) Whip the Fresh Cream until stiff peaks form - Fold in the cooled Jelly mixture until well combined
3.) Pour into individual serving dishes/glasses and chill for 3 - 4 hours until set.

Decorate with the Sweetened Whipped Cream (A Raspberry would look great with this, but I couldn't find any)

Ciao for now,

Linda

Linking up with these cool parties:






14 comments:

  1. I have got some leftover red wine - I wouldn't have thought of this. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun and creative dessert. :p And what an excellent list of Blog Hops you have gathered here. Perfect! Thank you so much for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am now following you from a Friday blog hop. Please visit me at msqueenfashionista@gmail.com and do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could eat PB in almost any form I think! This is such a pretty dessert! Thank you for sharing at All my Bloggy Friends this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for sharing with Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party. I would never have thought of this.
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds great! Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my that would be a treat

    come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I have never heard of this dessert before! It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like Red wine - you'll love this! hope you'll try it.
      Linda

      Delete
  9. What a cool recipe...I never heard of such a thing, but I can't wait to try it! Thank!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not much of a drinker either --but this looks yummy!new follower from Heavenly treats Sunday Hop =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a creative dessert! These would be great for a girls night in!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for linking up @ CountryMommaCooks link and greet party.....hope to see you again tomorrow : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is my favorite yet. Thanks for sharing on Southern Sundays!

    ReplyDelete