Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Banana Muffins with Crunchy Topping



With all the kitchen stuff going on, I did not really bake or cook these past two weeks. Nevermind having a brainstorm for a nice, interesting {more Linda style .. lol} dessert.

As it is, my brain is working overtime as the kitchen progresses - I keep on changing my mind, adding stuff, leaving others out ... in a nutshell - I am driving Roy crazy! Poor guy, he does a great job - did you see the Grocery Slider he's built? I gave him the sizes, showed him a pic and voila! I have my extra storage.

Yesterday, I was a copy-cat in the 1st degree - I really did not feel like cooking but had this recipe printed from Jamie over at Love Bakes Good Cakes , she made it sound so easy and it looked delicious with that totally home-cooked recipe name - it was in fact easy, awesomely delicious and only needed a salad to go with it. {More than enough for us 5 adults}. Click on the name of this specific recipe to get all the details : Beefy Jalapeno Corn Bake - just reading it should give you an idea of how good it is.

But, back to today's post - I wanted something not too sweet for dessert and what is quicker and easier than muffins, I absolutely love the crusty topping!

Banana Muffins with Crunchy Topping

source: a recipe I found on Allrecipes last year and have adapted it myself (It was originally submitted by Lisa Kreft)

1 1/2 cups Cake Flour
1 t Baking Soda
1 1/2 t Baking Powder
1/2 t Salt

3 Large Bananas, mashed
3/4 cup Sugar
1 Extra-Large Egg
100ml Butter, melted

1/3 cup Muscovado Sugar
2 1/2 TB Cake Flour
1/2 t Ground Cinnamon
1 TB Butter, softened (not melted)

1.) Pre-heat oven to 190 deg C (375 deg F) - Line a twelve hole muffin pan with liners.
2.) Mix the Cake Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder and Salt in a large mixing bowl.
3.) In a medium bowl, combine the Bananas, Sugar, Egg and Melted Butter - {mix this very well}.
4.) Add the Banana mixture to the large bowl with the dry ingredients - mix until just combined.
5.) Combine the Muscovado Sugar, Cake Flour, Cinnamon and Butter until it forms coarse crumbs. 
6.) Spoon the batter into the muffin liners - top with the Muscovado Sugar mixture and bake for 15 - 18 minutes.
7.) Remove from oven, transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely before serving.

Later,


Linking up with these cool parties:


7 comments:

  1. Mmmmm...crunchy topping! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's better than a banana muffin? A banana muffin topped with muscovado sugar! These look wonderful!

    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacy! Hope you have a great day and thank you also for stopping by,
      Linda

      Delete
  3. YUM!!! I sooo want to try these!
    Thanks for sharing with my Super Link Party! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are making me soooo hungry! Thanks for sharing at OneCreativeMommy.com. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These looks so fun! Thanks for sharing on Southern Sundays. Hope to see you again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to use some of my ripe bananas!! Thanks so much for linking up to Tasty Thursdays at The Mandatory Mooch. I hope you will link up again this week. The party will be live tonight!! www.mandatorymooch.blogspot.com

    Thanks, Nichi

    ReplyDelete