Monday, August 27, 2012

Coffee Spoon Holder


Our "Coffee Station" is on the other side of the kitchen as to where we keep all the cutlery.  Since I moved everything, everyone was complaining about the extra distance now needed just to get a spoon for their coffee... Personally, I think 3 meters that way and 3 meters back can only do all of us good, but, then again if one can not have comfort in your own home (yes, even only having spoons close ! ), what's the use.

So, for the past few years I had my spoons close to the kettle, coffee, tea and all the other paraphernalia. I had a cute little glass jar which the spoons were kept in. 

Most of the kitchen's mini make-over is done by now and I started sorting through the mess left behind, only to find my glass jar broken.

Using cans are all over the internet now, and I thought let me give it a go and see what I can come up with to suit the new color scheme of the kitchen. Now, normally, I am not a lacey, frilly kind of person, but when I saw this black lace ribbon, I liked it straight away, had no clue what I wanted to use it for and only bought a meter. {Ok, I do have a thing for ribbon ..if I like it, I buy, without even knowing what it'll be used for}

Here's what I did to create this masterpiece;


A standard size can which I sprayed inside and outside with white gloss spraypaint


I then used a stencil, and just roughly (see the letters are a bit "broken" used a permanent marker to write Coffee on top and Spoons at the bottom. A quick spray over the words with a clear spraypaint - because permanent is not always permanent especially markers! 

For the black lace, I sprayed Adhesive glue to one side and wrapped the lace around the can. to top it off,  a tiny coffee/tea pot was glued over as well.

That's it, I only need to wash all the dirty coffee spoons and fill this can a bit !

Later,


Linking up with these cool parties:








15 comments:

  1. how cute this would be very cute and useful at our coffee bar may have to borrow your idea come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need something like that for all the plastic ware we use for family dinners! something more sturdy than a plastic cup. I came over from Our Delightful Home link up. Excited to see more of your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Linda! What a great idea and a great way to recycle! 3 of them would be perfect for a buffet to hold the forks, knives and spoons. I'll have to remember it for the holidays this year. Stopping by and now following from Michelle's Tasty Creations! Have an awesome weekend! ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome recycling idea! Thanks for linking up at Printabelle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hee hee at the 3 meters there & back! Very cute!
    Thanks for sharing with my Super Link Party! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always complain about coffee stains on the counter tops! GREAT IDEA!!

    Thanks for linking up with us @ Keep Calm & Link Up this week. We're thrilled you chose to join our party! Can't wait to see what you link up next week :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so cute, and the best idea!!! Wow, I am going to do this. Thanks for sharing. Hope you are having a great weekend. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  8. New follower - hope to get a follow back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute idea! I love the lace. Thank you so much for sharing on Tout It Tuesday. Hope to see you this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome idea for re-purposing old cans. Cute idea for gift giving too. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I sooo need a coffee spoon cup near my coffee pot! Thanks so much for sharing this at the Weekend Wonders link party! Hope to see you back on Thursday Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Linda,
    This is such a cute idea. Thank you so much for sharing with Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party last week. This weeks Link Party is opened at
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/09/reeses-smore-brownies-and-wednesdays.html
    from Wednesday until Sunday.
    Hope to see you there.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun idea!! Thanks so much for linking up to Tasty Thursdays on The Mandatory Mooch!! I hope you will link up again. The party will be live tonight. http://www.mandatorymooch.blogspot.com

    Thanks, Nichi

    ReplyDelete