Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Passion Fruit Tart {no-bake}


Biscuit crust, Passion Fruit saucy layer, Passion Fruit Yoghurt Topping ... what more do you need?

Oh yes, a dessert which does not go straight to the hips! I have made this several times before, each time tweaking the recipe but this is the best - finally I'm happy enough with the end result to share it with you.

** One thing - this tart cuts like a breeze but be careful when lifting a slice from the dish, as the saucy layer gets a bit slippery and the top might slide off - not a big train smash, just be careful when serving.


Passion Fruit Tart {no-bake}

Recipe adapted by me from the cookbook GESINSKOS by Christelle Erasmus:

3/4 packet (of a 200g pack) Tennis biscuit crumbs - Graham Crackers can be used 
1 t Cinnamon
2 t Sugar
6 TB Butter, melted

2 t Sugar
1 can (115g) Passion Fruit Pulp {Granadilla}
2 1/2 t Custard Powder
Little Water

2 t Gelatin, plain
1 TB Cold Water
1 Box (80 - 90g) Lemon jelly
1/2 cup Boiling Water
2 x 175g Passion Fruit {Granadilla} Yoghurt, low fat
1/2 cup Fresh Cream, whipped to double in volume, but not stiff

1.) Mix the Biscuit crumbs, Cinnamon, Sugar and melted Butter and press evenly onto the bottom of a 20 x 30cm dish.
2.) Heat the Sugar and Passion Fruit Pulp over low heat in a small saucepan - mix the Custard Powder with a little bit of Water and add to the Pulp - simmer 2 - 3 minutes until thick - remove from heat and let cool.
3.) Place the Gelatin together with the Water in a medium bowl and stir - Add the Boiling Water and the Lemon jelly - Stir until the jelly has dissolved - let cool for about 10 minutes.
4.) Add the Yoghurt and the whipped Fresh Cream to the Jelly mixture - stir well to combine.
5.) Spread the Granadilla Pulp over the crust, followed by the Yoghurt mixture - chill until set (2 - 3 hours at least)

Decorate with a few Tennis biscuit crumbs. {optional}

Ciao for now,

Linking up with these cool parties:












35 comments:

  1. Yum, yum, yum! Thanks for sharing! :)

    xoxo ♥ Shar
    http://sharmartinez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hope the kids will leave me a slice for breakfast in the morning!{Even though I already had two slices tonight..}
      Linda

      Delete
  2. What a great looking recipe. I am glad you mentioned graham crackers because I had NO clue what "Tennis biscuit" crumbs were. Never heard of that before and I have been cooking for over 30 years. lol
    I will have to try this out sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this looks great!! i needed something new to bake since the kids are tired of my standbys so thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a great recipe :) Thanks for your response! I hope I'll be as lucky as you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Enjoy your pregnancy and I do believe everything will go well.
      Linda

      Delete
  5. Oh my that does look rather delicious. I think it would be nice to have on a summer day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara - and also thank you for following my blog!
      Linda

      Delete
  6. This looks so good! I will have to try it for sure. I always love finding cooking blogs- especially those who post yummy desserts! I'm a train wreck when it comes to the kitchen so I need all the help I can get! Just found your blog and I've loved looking around and getting to know you better. I'm excited to follow along!

    new follower :)
    bonnie
    bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bonnie! I'll visit your blog during the day to see what you're up to on your side ;-)
      Have a great day!
      Linda

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. And strangely enough, a lot of people ignores this lovely fruit - I like it fresh too (even though it's a bit sour!) Have a great day, Jessica
      Linda

      Delete
  8. Looks great. Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so delicious! I have not had passion fruit before but I am sure it is good. Thanks for sharing at Gettin' Krafty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda,
    This looks delicious. I love the addition of passion fruit. I've only ever had a few desserts with that flavor and they were delish! Thanks for sharing.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks really good...but I don't see passion fruit at my store. Can I use something else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danni, did you look in the canned fruit section .. maybe it's called Granadilla where you are? (and it is normally a tiny can)Let me know,
      Linda

      Delete
  12. Love your recipe for a Passion Fruit Tart! It looks very delicious! I love that there's no baking required, great for summer!

    Stopping by your blog from White Lights on Wednesday (I posted #48 - Mango, Banana and Chai Tea Smoothie).

    Pinned!

    Amber @ The Cook's Sister

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amber! I stopped by your blog and pinned your recipe (I left a comment as well) Have a great weekend!
      Linda

      Delete
  13. This looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing at Show Me What You Got Tuesday's at ODH.

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks yummy!
    Thanks for sharing with my Super Link Party! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing :o)
    Thanks for linking up @ Keep Calm & Link Up! Can't wait to see what you come up with next week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, love this recipe! Thanks for sharing on Southern Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have some of the best stuff, Linda! Thanks for sharing at All My Bloggy Friends last week! I can't wait to see what you share tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jamie - with the kitchen in a mess, I did not do much cooking and baking last week. See you tomorrow!
      Linda

      Delete
  18. Hi Linda,
    This looks so amazing. Beautiful presentation. Thank you so much for sharing with Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party last week. This weeks Link Party is opened at http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/08/free-bee-sweet-hat-pattern-crocheted.html
    Hope to see you there.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Delicious!! Thanks for linking up to Tasty Thursdays on The Mandatory Mooch. I hope you will link up again this week. The party will be live tonight. www.mandatorymooch.blogspot.com

    Thanks, Nichi

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another delicious looking recipe. Thanks for linking up at Doodles & Stitches!

    ReplyDelete