Friday, August 24, 2012

Shortbread Surprize



How often do you run to your PC/Laptop/Phone to share a recipe RIGHT after it has come out of the oven? Bet, not as quick as I did now - these delectables (is there such a word?) are still piping hot! For one, I had to get out of the kitchen before I eat them all and secondly, I really want to share this with you.

I made them, in a smaller size, in March as part of Dimitri's "Sweets Table" for his 20th birthday. He is totally into any sweets/desserts - therefore on that day, I made a LOT of different sweet stuff. (if I remember correctly there were about 20 different sweet treats!)

Roy really fell for these - his only complaint? They were too small... this time I made them double the size, hope he'll like them even more. He has been working so hard on the kitchen renovations, so, I thought I'll make him a nice (and of course..if you know my stuff by now ---EASY and QUICK) treat. Naturally, I'll let him think it took me half the morning  ;-)

Shortbread Surprize

200g Salted Butter, room temperature
1/4 cup Castor Sugar
2 cups Cake Flour
100 - 150g Whole Nut Chocolate
Icing Sugar

1.) Pre-heat oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) - Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
2.) Beat the Butter and Castor Sugar until creamy - Add the Cake Flour and mix to form a dough.
3.) Roll the dough into balls (Mine was about 2 centimeters in diameter - little less than 1 inch) - you should get 20 balls.
4.) Break the Whole Nut Chocolate into blocks - (use one block per cookie ball) The dough is very flexible, flatten each ball a bit, add a piece of Chocolate and close the dough over the Chocolate.
5.) Place the balls on the baking sheet and bake 20 - 25 minutes (It's ready once the underside has browned slightly)
6.) Remove from oven, dust with Icing Sugar whilst still hot and let cool completely on a wire rack before serving.

Enjoy!

Later,


Linking up with these cool parties:


  



40 comments:

  1. Linda,

    I wanted to let you know I've nominated you for the Sunshine Award over on my blog. Stop by and check it out. Have a great day.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Michelle! I'll be over :-)
      Linda

      Delete
  2. Hi Linda,
    These look amazing.
    Debi @ Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debi! They're so quick to make and everyone loved it.

      Linda

      Delete
  3. Yum! These look great! I wonder where you find the nut chocolate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shatzi ! I used the Whole Nut Chocolate bar made by Cadbury - but you can use any chocolate actually.
      Linda

      Delete
  4. What a great tasty surprise to sun in your shortbread cookie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shortbread on it's own is just as good, but my family did get a surprise the first time I made it {I didn't tell them there were chocolate inside!} Thanks for stopping by,
      Linda

      Delete
  5. I LOVE shortbread!!!
    This makes it even yummier!

    Crystelle
    http://www.crystelleboutique.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Crystelle!
      Linda

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing with my Super Link Party! :-)

      Delete
  7. Oh, this looks soooo good! Thank you for sharing this at Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea - looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by - hope you will make some and enjoy as much as we did (and will again..soon!)
      Linda

      Delete
  9. Well doesn't THAT look good?! Can't wait to give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by - have a great day!
      Linda

      Delete
  10. These look SO good! Thanks a bunch for sharing them with us this week!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love shortbread, and with a surprise is even better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks great- I will definitely be trying these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gina - have a great day and I hope you'll enjoy them as much as we do,
      Linda

      Delete
  13. These look absolutely wonderful. I'd eat them all while they were still warm too =o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erin - but I have to admit they were better when totally cooled, more "crispy".
      Linda

      Delete
  14. Hi Linda,
    What a great surprise, this looks awesome! Hope you have a great holiday weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum! Shortbread is so yummy. Your version looks great. Thanks for sharing at OneCreativeMommy.com. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love shortbread and even better with a surprise inside! Thanks for sharing at Gettin' Krafty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm a huge fan of shortbread but have never made it myself! I'm excited to try this recipe now :)

    Thanks for joining us this week @ Keep Calm & Link Up! Looking forward to seeing what you link up next week as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yummm! These would make a great addition to my Christmas cookie tray this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea, Danni! I haven't even started to think about Christmas yet :-)
      Linda

      Delete
  19. Replies
    1. Thank you! Please try the recipe - so easy,
      Linda

      Delete
  20. Great idea! Thanks for sharing on Southern Sundays. Hope to see you again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mmmm...I love cookies with a surprise, especially these!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love these cookies. So easy and I bet they are just as tasty! Thank you for sharing at All My Bloggy Friends last week. I can't wait to see what you share this tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  23. These look delicious! Thanks for sharing on Tout It Tuesday. Hope to see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is a delicious looking cookie and we are featuring it at the Recipe Box. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Mmmmm, these cookies look super yummy. Thanks for sharing at Creative Thursday :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my, these look delicious!! Thanks so much for linking up to Tasty Thursdays at The Mandatory Mooch. I hope you will link up again this week. The party will be live tonight!! www.mandatorymooch.blogspot.com

    Thanks, Nichi

    ReplyDelete
  27. Combines 2 of my favorite things - I'll have to try these soon... Thank you for sharing at MightyCrafty Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a sweet surprise! What are castor sugar and whole nut chocolate?
    Thank you for linking up to Friday Fascinations! Don't forget to come back and link up to this week's party! http://domesticrandomness.blogspot.com/2012/09/friday-fascinations-6-everything-linky.html

    ReplyDelete