Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Simple Pizza!


We spend a LOT of money on take-aways - really, if it's not Pizza, it's Burgers, or Vetkoek or Chinese or Grilled Steaks/Ribs from restaurants.

Since we started renovating the kitchen, we had take-aways ... umm, like every second day!

To make your own Pizza at home is so easy, get everything chopped and grated, put the ingredients chosen in some bowls and {using Frozen Pizza Bases, naturally - otherwise it's not quick and easy}there you go. Everyone builds his/her own custom pizza.

Dimitri had a slight problem with this - he reckons Pizza gets delivered by the dude on the motorbike, still hot because the sticker on the box is still red, you pay him and then you eat. When he heard we're having a self-help pizza night, it did not really sit well with him... but ... he had an option : make his own or eat the Frozen Base as is ! You can guess which he chose ? I think he actually enjoyed it. We haven't done our own in a long time, so, I suppose he forgot it is not that bad.


Tonight I used : Frozen Pizza Bases
                        All Gold Tomato Sauce {richest and much nicer than the bottled pizza                         sauces}
                        Dried Origanum
                        Mozzarella Cheese
                        Sliced Mushrooms
                        Bacon Bits
                        Chopped Salami
                        Chopped Ham
                        Finely Chopped Green Bell Peppers
                        Pineapple pieces

There is a multitude of variations in Pizzas - if you're wondering about toppings - look through take-away menus, these normally specifies what toppings are used in pizzas.


The Frozen Bases normally come with some kind of  "tomato based sauce" but one can hardly taste it or even see anything. In the picture above I gave the bases a nice thick spread of Tomato Sauce and sprinkled over Origanum. 


Now, starting with some Mozzarella Cheese, build your own customized Pizza! I also like to give a final thin layer of Mozzarella (we're a cheese addicted family) ending with a little more Origanum.

Bake at 230 deg C (440 deg F) - straight on the wire rack of the oven - for 12 - 15 minutes. {Remember to place a piece of foil on the lower rack to catch any drippings..}.

Slice and enjoy!

Later,


Linking up with these cool parties:








18 comments:

  1. Your pizzas look great, Linda! We **LOVE** homemade pizza ... as in, we eat it every Friday night! Here in the States, they don't put stickers on the box telling you it's still hot - but what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jamie! If the sticker turned black on delivery - you get your order for free ... but that hasn't happened yet - LOL
      Linda

      Delete
    2. Oh wow! We used to have 30 minute guarantees here, but I think it caused too many accidents/speeding tickets - or maybe it was just unrealistic to expect the delivery driver to be able to make all the stops on a busy night. I don't think any of the pizza chains do it now! Thanks for sharing at All My Bloggy Friends last week! I can't wait to see what you share tomorrow! :)

      Delete
  2. I love pizza and usually Friday is our pizza night - I'm now following you and would like you to come over and do the same if you like. Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following my blog, Deb ! I'll return the follow and leave a comment. Have a great day,
      Linda

      Delete
  3. Looks great. Nice to run into a fellow South African in the blog world. I'm an ex-pat living in the US. I did a double-take when I read "vetkoek" at first, I couldn't believe that I had seen that correctly! Now I'm craving one. And a nice SA samoosa. Hmm.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a nice surprise to run into a South African (even ex!) as only about 5% of my readers are from/in South Africa. Thanks for the visit!
      Linda

      Delete
  4. Your pizza looks great. Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda,
    Too funny, poor Dimitri. Sounds like my kids! I love homemade pizza. This looks delish. Thanks for sharing.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to make pizza! And we are a cheese addicted family too. My husband doesn't like pizza nearly as well as I do, but he eats it anyway! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my husband and son will even sprinkle cheese over their dessert if I don't watch them ;-)
      Thank for commenting, have a great weekend!
      Linda

      Delete
  7. We love homemade pizza!

    Thanks for sharing at Mealtime Monday! Can't wait to see what you link up tomorrow night!

    Kaylee
    www.couponingncooking.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh Linda. That pizza looks SO good!!


    Thanks for sharing on The All Star Block Party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks delishh! Love all the flavor combos. Thanks for sharing on Southern Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Featuring your yummy pizza on this weeks All Star Block Party!

    http://www.nutmegplace.com/2012/08/all-star-block-party-13.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Meg ! I'll see you at the party - hope you have a great day,
      Linda

      Delete
  11. Hey Linda,
    Great pizza recipe. I love pizza too. Thank you so much for sharing with Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party last week. This weeks Link Party is opened at http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/08/free-bee-sweet-hat-pattern-crocheted.html
    Hope to see you there.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks delicious. I'm ready for a piece!! Thanks for linking up to Tasty Thursdays on The Mandatory Mooch. I hope you will link up again this week. The party will be live tonight. www.mandatorymooch.blogspot.com

    Thanks, Nichi

    ReplyDelete