Monday, September 17, 2012

Bacon & Mushroom Spaghetti




***First, I would like to thank everyone for keeping my doggie girl, Chichi, in their thoughts, and all the kind e-mails I have received - unfortunately, after the shooting at my husband and the neighbors, Friday night at our respective houses, she is worse than ever before. I know she is a dog but she is also my little baby and I feel totally helpless with regard to her condition.***

I also want to give a special thank you to an awesome bloggy friend of mine, Jamie from Love Bakes Good Cakes for "listening" to my drama over the past few days. Thanks, Jamie, it is nice to know one can speak to someone without being judged.

                                    ............................................................................


Just a quick, tasty and very filling recipe I would like to share with you.  

I started out with an actual recipe from a cookbook ... but I can not even say I tweaked it a bit. The spaghetti and the bacon, however is from the recipe, the rest - well, that changed as soon as I started dinner!

This is a large dish, served all five of us adults and there is still some leftover. {can be halved easily}


Bacon & Mushroom Spaghetti

500g Spaghetti
2 Large Onions, chopped
1 Large Green Bell Pepper, chopped
Oil
250g Mushrooms, sliced 
500g Bacon, chopped
1 cup Fresh Cream
300 - 400g Cheddar Cheese, grated
Dried or Fresh Parsley, optional, to garnish

1.) Cook the Spaghetti as per the instructions on the packet, using a large pot.
2.) Meanwhile, saute the Onions and Green Bell Pepper in a small amount of Oil, in a large frying pan, until soft and the Onions start to just brown.
3.) Using a slotted spoon, remove the Onion and Pepper from the pan and keep aside.
4.) Add the Mushrooms to the same pan (add a little more Oil if needed) and saute until soft and brown - remove from the pan and keep aside with the Onion and Pepper.
5.) Add the Bacon to the pan and fry until crispy (or to your liking) - Spoon the Onion, Pepper and Mushrooms back into the pan with the Bacon, add the Fresh Cream and stir to combine and heat through.
6.) Drain the Spaghetti, place back into the pot and add the Bacon mixture - stir to mix and finally stir in the grated Cheddar cheese in three batches, stirring well in between each addition.

Serve and garnish with Parsley if using.

Hope you enjoy!

Ciao for now,


Linking up to these cool parties:





14 comments:

  1. Oh, Linda! I wish news were better about Chichi :/ And please know - friends are supposed to be supportive of each other - especially during hardships - and I'm glad to call you my friend! I'm glad I could be here for you! I continue to pray for you and your family (Chichi included). :)

    Now, you keep posting all these great recipes - and my things to try list keeps getting longer and longer! I always have all of the ingredients for this recipe on hand - may need to make this one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious, Linda. So sorry about little Chichi...hope she is better soon. Hope your week gets a lot better.
    {HUGS},
    kristi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Btw, thanks for the sweet comment on my blog and for joining Creative Bloggers' Party and Hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds heavenly! I am going to have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing at Mom's Crazy Cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Come join my first blog party on my blog and link your creations! www.artbyasm.blogspot.com. Appreciate the support! Thank you! HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!

    Warmest Regards,
    Annamaria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda, please pop over to Food on Friday and go mushrooming! Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda! I hope your dog is ok. I have a little dog as well and she is my baby. I hate when she isn't feeling well or is scared (fireworks really freak her out)

    Anyways, this recipe looks fantastic. I will be featuring it on my blog this week. I should have the post up by tomorrow afternoon. Thanks for sharing on Marvelous Mondays!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda,
    This looks delish! Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share next week. Have a great weekend.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for linking in, Linda. Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great recipe. I love bacon in my pasta. Thanks so much for linking at Wednesday's Adorned From Above Link Party.
    Have a great weekend.
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Linda,
    This looks like an awesome dish that will be packed with flavor! Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds delicious! That's my kind of cooking too -- begin tweaking immediately :-). Thanks so much for linking on Busy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh yum, looks great! Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks delicious!

    I wanted to invite you to Wonderful Food Wednesday at At Home Take 2... love it if you could link up 2-3 recipes. Hope to see you there.

    Jessica @ At Home Take 2... Check out our Wonderful Food Wednesday

    ReplyDelete