Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Baked Peach & Cookies



As promised - 2 ingredient dessert {oh, the name gave away the ingredients...}

I Lived with my grandparents until the age of 11 years. We had a medium sized Peach tree in the backyard which hung slightly over the fence. The neighborhood boys (and some girls) used to help themselves on the other side of the fence ... drove my Granddad craaazzzyy, because he could never catch them in the act!

Anyway, if it hangs OVER the fence, isn't that public property ..? Aah, you know why I ask that - I'll whisper to you {I used to help myself to a tree or two as well - which was not in our yard, but, it DID hang over the fence} Sshh .. don't tell ...

Before I give away all my criminal acts, let me stop right there and tell you how to make this easy dish .. Gee, I am really one for quick and easies!

Baked Peach & Cookies


1 Large can (820g) Peach Halves, drained but keep the syrup
Choc-Kits Cookies {or any other similar kind - Choc-Kits is a chocolate cookie with chocolate in the middle - I think Oreos would be too hard, what you need here is a thirsty cookie}

1.) Spray an oven dish with Spray 'N Cook -  Place the Peach halves with the inside facing upwards (the side where the stone was)
2.) Top with a Choc-Kits, or similar, Cookie - spoon some of the syrup over the cookie/peach - keep the remaining syrup.
3.) Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F)
4.) After 10 minutes, spoon another layer of syrup over the cookies 
5.) Repeat after another 10 minutes and then place in the oven - bake 15 minutes

Remove and serve with ice-cream or whipped cream - delicious! Look at the melted chocolate from the cookies - it's calling your name.....

Almost midnight - a nice bath and my bed is waiting.

Ciao for now,


Linking up with these cool parties:


21 comments:

  1. That is awesome with just 2 ingredients! Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your lovely comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you send me your email address?

    myturnforus@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping over from the networking blog hop!
    I´m your new follower via GFC!
    Check out my blog sometime and follow back if you like!
    http://wesens-art.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! following you now on gfc too from our 'no-reply'comments on G+ :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds yummy and so simple too. Easy for children to make as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy & easy! Love that! Stopping by from a diamond in the stuff

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda, I don't think I've come across a recipe of yours I haven't liked! I love this simple dessert!! Thanks so much for sharing this at Mom's Test Meal Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks SO delicious! :-) Feel free to come over and linkup with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday." It's open all week. I'd love to have you join us. Many blessings, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two ingredients works for me! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always come up with the yummiest stuff. Thanks so much for sharing on "I Gotta Try That"
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing at Sweet Saturday! What a great idea - my grandpa loves home-canned peaches and would love this recipe in the middle of winter. Your story cracks me up - my in-laws have the same problem with their cherry tree that hangs over the sidewalk... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Linda, this is like soul food for me, I just love to soak my cookie in the peach juice, this is a great recipe that I would just love. Hope you have a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute and simple idea! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing is yummy recipe at Creative Thursday last week :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks tasty!! Thanks for joining the party at Keep Calm and Link Up!

    Barbara at Chase the Star
    chasethestar dot net

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Linda,
    You are an amazing cook. These peaches and cookies look delicious. Thank you so much for linking with Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party Every Week. You are one of the people who makes the link party a success. I really appreciate it.
    Have a great week.
    Debi

    ReplyDelete