Thursday, September 27, 2012

Chocolate Mallow Cream Pie



Temperatures are really picking up fast now... and we are only in the first month of Spring!  

I am not in the mood for cooking or baking - I am not even in the mood for eating {not saying I am not hungry, though}.. very confusing... After reading only two or three blog posts in the morning and I am hungry - imagine after reading 100+ a day.

But, inevitably, I am hungry, but it is too hot to think about cooking, even my blog suffered this week .. I think, because of the heat, I am having a blogger's block {does one get that??}.

Anyhow, I haven't given the family a sweet treat since, uhm, last week some time..? I can't remember when last I actually made dinner - I know I ordered take-aways a few times once or twice. Ok, Roy made dinner a couple of times, so nobody went to bed hungry...Bless his soul for not letting his family go hungry!

So, today I made this quick and easy sweet treat, which turned out much better than I thought it would, but let me warn you - it is rich and sweet!

Chocolate Mallow Cream Pie

150g Tennis biscuits, crumbled {or what you normally use to make a crust}
1/2 cup Butter or Margarine, melted
150g Marshmallows
1 cup Milk
180g Plain Milk Chocolate, broken into blocks {keep 3 or 4 blocks for decorating}
1 cup Fresh Cream, whipped

1.) Mix the Tennis biscuit crumbs and the melted Butter or Margarine - press into a 20 x 20cm pie dish {I like a thick crust at the bottom, but you can spread it up the sides of the dish as well}
2.) Place the Marshmallows and Milk in a large pot and heat over medium heat, stirring continuously, until the Marshmallows are melted {3 - 5 minutes} -  add the Plain Milk Chocolate pieces and stir until melted and all is combined. Remove from heat and let cool 3 - 5 minutes.
3.) Fold the whipped Fresh Cream into the Chocolate mixture and pour into the crust.
4.) Grate the remaining blocks of Chocolate and sprinkle over the filling - chill at least 4 hours until set.

Enjoy!

Ciao for now,


Linking up with these cool parties:


 

17 comments:

  1. Yum! Pinning this :) When it's hot out, the last thing I want to do is stand over a hot stove that'll make me even hotter! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing Linda. My mouth is watering.
    Debi @ Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me of S'mores. I bet it would be perfect with a graham cracker crust! I've pinned for future reference. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ummm, yummy, I feel my bathroom scales increasing and I don't even care this must be eaten!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM!! This pie sounds delicious!! Pinning!
    Thanks for linking up to MTM Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! This looks yummy! Thanks for linking up with me for Friday Favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks delish! What a treat!
    Stephanie
    swtboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks very tasty! Thanks for linking up to Southern Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay curiousity got me and I had to google tennis biscuits. Graham crackers with a bit of coconut added sounds like it might be the substitute of choice. That would be so good with the chocolate and marshmallow -- although probably not a match for the real thing! Thanks so much for sharing on Busy Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun easy dessert. Thanks for sharing it on foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always love your dessert ideas. Loved and pinned. Thanks for sharing at MightyCrafty Mondays...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks delicious!! Thanks for joining the fun at Keep Calm and Link Up, be sure to come back next Friday to see if you were featured!
    Barbara at Chase the Star
    chasethestar dot net

    ReplyDelete
  13. this looks gorgeous! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can definitely relate to the heat thing! Recipe looks fab. Pinning :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mmmmm! Can't go wrong with chocolate. I love pie! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete