Saturday, September 29, 2012

Potpourri Dipped Candles


This is the following candle making project I would like to share with you - but some more photos first ;-)


and more....


Whether a candle is in a container or standing around {some other lovely pieces} minding it's own business - I love them ... I like candles to look at but especially to make them. The dipped technique has to be one of the easiest to spruce-up an ordinary candle.

Now, to start with, you can either use store-bought candles as in the following photo:


Or, make your own using the method I used HERE .

For this project I made my own little candles using a normal tablet holder - these holders are quite strong and best of all, the inside is very smooth.. makes it easy to remove the candle once it has set. {Over time, I collected quite a lot of these containers and made about ten at a time - do all the prepping first and then just fill them ...}



So, once you have your candle, gather up some potpourri (gives a lovely smell once the candle is lighted!) or use some crushed leaves (you can always scent your own candles, which is also mentioned in the tutorial at the above link) - use a little bit of glue and just roll the candle in the potpourri. Now, you can leave it as is or give the candle a smooth look by dipping it (see next photo) in melted hot wax - just quickly in and out and repeat.


I use a pair of tongs or even pliers to hold it by the wick - and my hands far away from the melted wax! It really is just dip in - dip out and repeat... easy.

Now, how will you use yours, in a glass container, maybe some ribbon tied to the bottom or in any one of hundreds of different types of votive holders - or standing upright in some beach sand?

I have more dipped candles which I will share with you ... in due time {whink}

Other news which my regular readers might enjoy - Roy and I, apparently, have become grandparents... no, no .. not the human kind - A BEAUTIFUL 6 week old little Basset girl called NAHLA ! My daughter, Cheri and her boyfriend, Vince have been going steady for more than 2 years now, and they thought it a great plan to take their relationship up by a notch {Oh, thank goodness, it is only a little doggie though...}


I could not get a very good photo of Nahla {think she is a little camera-shy}, but you can see how cute she is ! And Mommy and Daddy is already crazy over her. She will be living with Vince, and Cheri will visit (as she does every weekend anyway) every weekend, and if we are lucky we will see this beauty now and then as well.

I have another post to write - candles again!... but slightly different.

Later then,


Linking up with these cool parties:








20 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new addition ;) LOL. I should try my hand at making my own candles sometime. I love having candles in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creative idea! I would love for you to come link up to my Get Social Sunday party and promote your awesome blog! http://alivedinhome.blogspot.com/2012/09/get-social-sunday_30.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always have such cute stuff! I appreciate you always sharing on "I Gotta Try That Monday"
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your candles are lovely! What a great tutoria1. Congrats on the new puppy. Found your through the Newbie Party at Debbie Doo's and I'm now following. Have a great day!
    Tuula :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! I love those candles! I never knew you could dip candles like that! What a fun way to decorate for fall!

    Thank you so much for inspiring me today!

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this project - thanks so much for sharing! Joining from Show Your Stuff - http://allthoseartsygirls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I love these! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for linking on Busy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what an interesting technique, I don't think I have ever seen it before...love that cute little puppy...the parents do look very happy...thank you for sharing...hope you have a great week!
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool (and unique idea)!

    Thanks for joining Keep Calm & Link Up last week! We're thrilled you chose to party with us!

    xo, Meredith @ www.waittilyourfathergetshome.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Again, love your candle ideas! Loved and pinned. Thanks for sharing at MightyCrafty Mondays...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous candles! You make it look so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those look gorgeous and I'm sure they smell great, too! Congrats on the doggie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I did make a few candles years ago, but haven't done it for such a long time. I really like the look of the potpourri. The new pup is super cute! Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are great! Nice pics! Thanks for sharing at Sweet Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great idea! It makes the candles pretty, and I bet it makes them smell good too! And look how cute that little puppy is, adorable. Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this project! Thanks for sharing at Gettin' Krafty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love candles and these are so pretty. Congrats on the puppy. :)

    Thank you for linking up at the Wildly Original party.
    <3 Christina at I Gotta Create!

    ReplyDelete