Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Caramel Cream Cheese Puffs


Caramel... Cream Cheese... Puff Pastry !  All my favorites in one.  

This was another spur of the moment and what was available dessert.  I had the Cream Cheese, bought the Puff Pastry....but all the Nutella was sold out - that was the original idea.

No biggie, Caramel is still my number one {have a look through my recipes - you'll see ! }  I had a bit of doubt over this, as normally when I stuff something, all the filling runs out. 

Well, not this time, not even one.

Dimitri was not home when I made it, and he also did not ask what it was... therefore, I was glad when I asked his opinion (shall we say, review?} - He said it was delicious and tasted like a kind of Cheesecake with a Caramel flavor.  Wow, I was impressed - it's not a cheesecake, but tastes like cheesecake !!! I think, ... mission accomplished;

Here we are {too easy to maybe believe...}

Caramel Cream Cheese Puffs


250g Cream Cheese, plain, softened
1 can (397g) Caramel Condensed Milk
1/2 t Caramel Concentrate   {or 1 t Caramel Essence}
1 Roll Frozen Puff Pastry, defrosted
1 Egg, beaten - to brush
Icing Sugar for dusting

1.) Preheat oven to 200 deg C (400 deg F) - Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
2.) Beat the Cream Cheese and Caramel Condensed Milk until smooth - add the Caramel Concentrate or Essence - beat till well combined.
3.) Roll out the Puff Pastry a little thinner - not much
4.) Cut squares or rectangles (I did both in various sizes) - you should get about 10 pieces.
5.) Place some of the Caramel mixture just off center of a piece of Puff Pastry - fold it over and use a fork (by pressing down with the "teeth") to close the pastry - make sure there are no openings left. Place the puffs a little apart on the baking sheet.
6.) Brush with the beaten Egg - bake for 15 - 20 minutes until puffed and golden brown.
7.) Remove from oven and dust the hot puffs with Icing Sugar.

I had some of the filling left which I served with the puffs {the filling inside the puffs will set a bit}

The Nutella version will follow as soon as the stores have stock again!

Later,


Linking up with these cool parties:





25 comments:

  1. Wow Linda! Looks amazing. Sad to hear that Nutella was sold out though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yum, I don't knwo if they sell caramel essence here, do you think I could replace it with something/ Far out LindaIthink I need a pinterest board dedicated to you ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do sell it in the States. I would try a cake baking/decorating place .... or get it online. http://www.lowcarb-r-us.com/magento1620/capella-flavor-drops-caramel-concentrate.html - It's relatively cheap. I think you could probably use caramel extract too??

      Delete
  3. As always Linda, you have the best stuff! Yum-o! Already pinned it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda - these are GREAT looking pastries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They do look yummy but the caramel condensed milk is something I've never heard of. I know you can boil a can of sweetened condensed milk and make caramel...is that the same thing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM! These look so delicious- great pictures too. Thanks for linking up with us at Wonderful Food Wednesday!

    Jessica @ At Home Take 2

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM! these look so yummy ;) found you at Hungry girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, that sounds absolutely fabulous! I've got to try this. Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks yummy decadent....
    Nice work....


    hugs ~ Crystelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha, when I saw the title I went....Caramel? cream cheese? puffiness? my favorites! Off to make some of this now too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are going to be very rich little treats! Hope you are having a great fall weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've died and gone to heaven! Thanks for sharing this on Southern Sundays. Can't wait to sink my teeth into this dish. Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks AWESOME...
    Since you love caramel, come over and see my pie today. You will love it...:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look great! Yum! Thanks so much for linking up with us at the Keep Calm & Link Up party - hope you are having a wonderful weekend so far!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Caramel, cream cheese and powdered sugar! Looks great. How to do have time to make all this yumminess!
    Steph
    swtboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. MMMMMMMM -- makes my mouth water just reading the recipe! thanks so much for linking on Busy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. They look so scrumptious, I just printed the recipe, because I need to make them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Caramel and cream cheese....the perfect combination!! :)
    Thanks so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Goodness these look wonderful! Thank you for sharing this good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These look super yummy! Oh my. Pinned and loved. Thank you for sharing at MightyCrafty Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These look AMAZINGLY scrumptious!!! Thanks for linking these and all your other great posts up at Think Tank Thursday!
    This week's party is up and running. Would love for you to share your latest creations if you haven't already!!
    http://www.saving4six.com/2012/11/welcome-to-think-tank-thursday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. OK BIG TIME YUM!!! I love caramel and can't wait to try your delish recipe!!! :) Michelle

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis