Sunday, October 28, 2012

Cinnamon Pumpkin Scone Wedge

Cinnamon Pumpkin Scone Wedge ~ Served warm with butter for breakfast or tea time and you have a winner! #PumpkinRecipe #CinnamonPumpkin #Pumpkin #Scone

Great for breakfast or as a treat at tea time ! This turned out to be another winner.

I know it looks a little lopsided - totally my fault, if I only took a minute and be more patient this would have come out perfectly.  But, as my dear husband always says "..it gets messed up in your stomach anyway - as long as it tastes good, all is well.."

1/3 cup of Seedless Raisins can also be added to this, but I preferred to leave it out this time round.

Cinnamon Pumpkin Scone Wedge

2 TB Butter, softened
2 TB Sugar
1 cup Pumpkin, cooked and well drained, mashed
1 Extra-Large Egg
2 cups Self-Raising Flour
1 1/2 t Cinnamon
pinch of Salt
Milk for glazing

1.) Pre-heat oven to 200 deg C (400 deg F) - line a baking sheet with baking paper.
2.) Beat together the Butter and Sugar until creamy - add the Pumpkin and Egg - mix well.
3.) Sift together the Flour, Cinnamon and Salt - add to the Pumpkin mixture and mix until all is combined.
4.) Knead lightly on a floured surface {add a little extra Flour if it is too sticky} - form a 20cm round.
5.) Place on the prepared baking sheet - cut into 6 or 8 sections, but not all the way through, so that the wedges can be pulled apart when baked.
6.) Brush lightly with Milk and bake 20 - 25 minutes until cooked.


Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack until ready to serve.

Serve warm with butter.

5 comments:

  1. I'm with Roy ... It all gets messed up in your stomach anyways! ;) You had me at pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pumpkin and this looks like a yummy recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not big on pumpkin anything (maybe only seeds) but it sounds like my in-laws would love this.I should try to make those while they are visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks perfect for a Sunday morning breakfast. Thanks for sharing on Tout It Tuesday! Hope to see you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many pumpkin ideas...so little time! I am just popping over from the "Its Fall Y'all" Link party. Have a good day.I'd love for you to drop over and visit me sometime. Deb @ Kneaded Creations

    ReplyDelete