Saturday, October 27, 2012

Creamy Coconut Chicken Curry

Creamy Coconut Chicken Curry #ComfortFood #CurryDish #Chicken

We love our curry - as long as it is not too strong!  This chicken curry was just right, and so creamy...

If you like your curry hot, use the Strong Curry Powder.  I made mine in my pressure cooker which took all of about 20 minutes to cook, but I will give you the standard recipe.

Although it does not show on the photo, this is a very saucy dish, so serve with lots of rice or whatever you prefer.

Creamy Coconut Chicken Curry


6 Large Chicken Fillets, cubed
2 TB Oil
1 Large Onion, sliced
1 t Garlic and Ginger paste
3 TB Curry Powder  {choose your own strength}
1 can (410g) Coconut Milk   {I used "Lite" and it was still creamy}
1 cup Chicken Stock
4 Potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
1 cup Frozen Peas
Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste

Roasted Cashew Nuts - to serve

1.) Brown the Chicken in the Oil - remove and keep aside.
2.) Using the same pot - saute the Onion until soft - add the Garlic/Ginger Paste, Curry Powder and 1/3 of the can of Coconut Milk as well as the Chicken stock.
3.) Place the Chicken and Potatoes in the pot - cover with the lid and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes or until the Potatoes are soft and the Chicken cooked.
4.) Add the remaining Coconut Milk and the Frozen Peas - simmer another 5 - 8 minutes.
5.) Season to taste with the Salt and Black Pepper.

Top with Cashew Nuts and serve on a bed of rice.

Enjoy - Hot or Not !

4 comments:

  1. I don't think I've had too many things that use curry powder. I love coconut though! I should try this with the family to change our seasonings up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good! Thanks for sharing at Marvelous Mondays Linky Party.

    Virna from Craftmates

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! I love curry and coconut together! I'll definitely be trying this. Thanks for linking up with Marvelous Mondays - that's how I found you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing on Thursdays Treasures. I always forget about my pressure cooker. A great way to make a curry

    ReplyDelete