Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Vanilla & Lavender Bath Salts


I have been making a different kind of recipe today...  Definitely NOT edible!

Some nice bath salts - smells divine and it contains Bicarbonate of Soda which is being said to soften the skin.

I made two different fragrances 1.) Vanilla    2.) Lavender   and then packed one half of the glass container with Vanilla, .. and Lavender on the other half of an old glass coffee container. 

For the label I used a music print, which I rubbed Vinyl lettering on.  Added a bow and a wooden scoop - and ready to be used.

This is what I used:

6 parts Epsom Salts
2 parts Sea Salt (I used Maldon)
1 1/2 parts Bicarbonate of Soda
Yellow Food Coloring
Blue Food Coloring
Vanilla seeds      {the quantity depend on how strong you want the smell}
Few drops of Vanilla Essence  {  "    quantity as above   "   }
Few drops Lavender Essential Oil  {   "  quantity as above   " }


- Mix together the Epsom Salt, Sea Salt and Bicarbonate of Soda - Divide the mixture in two.
- Add a few drops of Yellow Food Coloring and your preferred quantity of Vanilla seeds and Essence to one half of the mixture.
- Add a few drops of Blue Food Coloring and your preferred quantity of Lavender Essential Oil to the other half of the mixture.

Ready to be packed as you wish!


I like music print - but for the life of me, please do not ask me to read it!  My grade 7 music teacher gave up on me after a couple of months...she must have noticed  there were no lights on when it came to reading notes/music with me {whink} - and it was a compulsory class, fortunately we did not need any grades to pass the subject.

Ciao  -  there is a body scrub post coming up!


Linking up with these parties:




28 comments:

  1. Hi, Linda, thanks for sharing your recipe! Lavender is my favorite essence! We have a lavender festival every year here in the Texas Hill Country, so I stock up on everything Lavender!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds wonderful...I'm a new follower from: www.threedawgladydesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds amazing! Would be so wonderful to give as christmas gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This would be a great addition to the holiday gift basket for my MIL. Thanks for sharing on Tout It Tuesday! Hope to see you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure this smells divine - what a great gift idea. Pinned and loved. Thank you for sharing at MightyCrafty Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a good gift idea. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just dropping by to let you know that I've featured this post that you shared at Marvelous Monday! Congratulations! Come grab your button at Pint Sized Baker!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great idea for a gift. I love epsom salts baths, and I hadn't thought of adding the bicarbonate of soda, I'll have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Linda,
    This must smell amazing. I would be a really relaxing bath. Thanks again for sharing with Adorned From Above.
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Linda, I’m Anne from Life on the Funny Farm (http://annesfunnyfarm.blogspot.com), and I’m visiting from Farmgirl Friday.

    I love vanilla, and I love lavendar. The thought of them together sounds divine! This would make a great homemade gift, with the holidays coming up.

    Anyway, thanks for posting this. I hope you can pop by my blog sometime to say hi…

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love homemade gifts like this! Pretty :o)

    Thanks for partying with us this week at Keep Calm & Link Up!! Happy Friday!!
    xo, Meredith @ www.waittilyourfathergetshome.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely! I've pinned this to my craft gifts board!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks lovely! A perfect gift idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a great idea for Christmas gifts!

    -Robyn, rufflyribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing Linda, I love bath salts!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I bet that smells amazing! Vanilla and lavender are some of my favorite scents. Thanks so much for sharing on Super Sweet Saturday.
    Steph
    swtboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great idea! And adorable gift! Pinning it. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I bet these smell wonderful! I can't wait to try them. Thanks for linking up at Doodles & Stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love all things for the bath, but have never tried my had at making anything. Your recipe looks easy enough and I'm crazy about both lavender and vanilla.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Bath salts are awesome, thanks for the recipes! And thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great DIY gift! I love bath salts, and I adore the music script label. Thanks for sharing at Sweet Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks so much for sharing on Tutorial Thursdays, much appreciated. Pity we don't live that close anymore, we would have definitely got on like a house on fire!
    x
    Natalie
    www.marigoldsloft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you for linking up this lovely bath salt to Think Tank Thursday last week!! The party will be live tonight at 9:00pm est. at www.saving4six.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just love this idea! Thanks for sharing the details, too. This would be perfect for Christmas gifts!! Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent this week. I am so thrilled to have you.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats! Your post was picked by our Bowdabra Designers as one of their favorites from last weeks Crafty Showcase. Way to go! Thanks for sharing it with our Bowdabra readers.

    Stop over and see your feature: http://bowdabrablog.com/2012/11/16/feature-friday-bowdabra-top-crafty-showcase-picks-23/

    We will also pin your post.

    Friday midnight starts our Saturday Showcase! Stop on over )

    Susie @Bowdabra

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great post! We too will do more Body and Bath in the coming year. This makes me think it smells fantastic ... Thank you for sharing it at http://www.finecraftguild.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Mmmmm. I bet this smells so good! What a fabulous idea for a gift. I'm thinking Mother's Day :) Krista @ A Handful of Everything

    ReplyDelete