Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Vanilla & Lavender Body Scrubs


As promised here is the recipe for the body scrubs:

After I made this, I tried some {just on my hands} to see what it feels like, as Cheri and myself have this most difficult skin type. ... very sensitive.   

I liked it, my hands felt softer immediately, and I had no strange reaction or anything of the kind.  But, I have to admit - I absolutely LOVE the Vanilla!!  The smell ... heavenly!

6 parts Epsom Salt
2 parts Sea Salt {I used Maldon}
1 1/2 parts Bicarbonate of Soda
1 part fine Coconut
1/2 part Almond Oil   {you can increase or decrease this as you prefer}
Few drops Lavender Essential Oil  {quantity depends on your preference}
Few drops Vanilla Essence   {   "   quantity as above   "   }
Vanilla seeds  {   "  quantity as above   "   }
Few drops Blue Food Coloring
Few drops Yellow Food Coloring

- Mix the Epsom Salt, Sea Salt, Bicarbonate of Soda and the Coconut - add the Almond Oil {start with a small amount and add until you reach your preferred texture} - Divide the mixture in two.
- Add a few drops of Lavender Essential Oil and Blue Food Coloring to one half - mix well.
- Add a few drops of Vanilla Essence, Vanilla Seeds and a few drops Yellow Food Coloring to the other half of the mixture - mix well.

I used two small containers, added  labels, some bows and an ice-cream stick - all ready to use or to give as a gift  !

Would you make Bath salts and Body scrubs for yourself or only as a gift?  ... or both ..?

Later,

Linking up with these cool parties:







14 comments:

  1. New GFC follower from Marvelous Monday blog hop. I definitely want to try making these, I love scrubs.
    Erin
    http://homecookedgourmet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh... I bet that smells wonderful! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if I could give these away so I should probably make a double batch! Thanks for sharing on Tout It Tuesday! Hope to see you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound amazing - what great gifts. Pinned and loved. Thank you for sharing at MightyCrafty Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This would make great Christmas gifts! I would love for you to add it to my weekly Mom's Library Link-Up along with any other of your amazing posts.
    http://heymommychocolatemilk.blogspot.com/2012/11/co-hosting-moms-library-4-for-me.html

    Thanks and be blessed,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda,
    These body scrubs look great. I have not done any with salt yet. They look nice. Thanks for linking at Adorned From Above.
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  7. i would LOVE to receive one of these as a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh awesome! I made a lemon sugar scrub once and it was great, so I'll have to try your recipe. Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for sharing and linking up over on Tutorial Thursdays, these will make fantastic gifts.
    x
    Natalie
    www.marigoldsloft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I live in South-Africa and bought the jars at Crazy Store - not sure where you are?

      Delete