Thursday, November 22, 2012

Bacon & Rice + + Oven Bake



Weird name, I know !  But have a look at the photo... and the ingredients... Well, hence the + + in the dish's name - this is the first time I got stuck on naming a self-thought-up recipe.

I think it is much easier when making a dish, which has a name ... think, Spaghetti Bolognaise or Lasagna - easy right?  Okay, enough about the name.

This was awesomely delicious !  Even if I have to say it myself {whink}, and all of the family agreed.  There were no leftovers and all the plates were empty - now, that is something that can make me truly happy.

Before we get to the recipe :


Out of the oven and ready to be dished up !

Bacon & Rice + + Oven Bake


Oil, to fry
1 Large Onion, chopped
250g Bacon Bits
500g Ground Beef {Mince}  - Extra-Lean
Salt & Black Pepper
1 cup Rice, raw
250g Mushrooms, sliced
1 can (410g) Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/4 cup Water
1 can (410g) Beans in Tomato Sauce

1.) Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) - Spray a large oven dish, with a lid, with Spray 'N Cook.
2.) Using a little Oil, saute the Onion until almost soft, add the Bacon Bits and stir-fry until done - place the mixture in the bottom of the prepared oven dish.
3.) Fry the Ground Beef, using the same pan, until done - season lightly with Salt and Black Pepper - add to the Bacon mixture in the oven dish and stir to mix it all.
4.) Sprinkle the raw Rice over the meat mixture, followed by the sliced Mushrooms.
5.) Mix the Mushroom Soup with the Water and pour over the Mushrooms - lastly add the can of Beans in Tomato Sauce on top.
6.) Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour until the Rice is cooked.

Serve with Garlic Bread and Salads.

Hope you enjoy this as much as we did !

Ciao for now,


Linking up with these cool parties:






3 comments:

  1. I am trying to get through my Google Reader after not being on here for days .... I saw this and had to stop and check it out! This sounds like an easy and tasty dinner. Pinned to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could I not click on a link that mentions bacon? Certainly sounds tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Moly this sounds tasty! Very, very tasty! I think my family will love it too! Thanks very much for sharing! You are so creative in the kitchen. Your family is lucky to have you :)

    ReplyDelete