Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Coffee Cottage Cheese Triangle




This is perfect for any celebration or even as an everyday dessert.  It can be served chilled or frozen, but I prefer it chilled.

I always had a bit of a fear in assembling triangles, but this is extremely easy. It took me, to assemble, just over 10 minutes!

Use a good brand Lady Fingers as some of the cheaper brands does not absorb liquids as it should, and that is exactly what we want here - a biscuit which gets dunked, in-and-out quickly, absorbs some of the moisture, but does not go soggy immediately.

Coffee Cottage Cheese Triangle

{12 - 15 servings}

1/2 cup Butter, softened
1/2 cup Sugar
1 Egg, beaten
1 t Coffee Powder mixed with 2 t Boiling water, cooled
250g Cottage Cheese, plain - smooth
1 cup Milk
2 t Vanilla Extract
45 Lady Fingers {I used 2 packets of 125g each}
200g Brown Milk Chocolate
White Chocolate, optional - to decorate

1.) Beat the Butter until light and fluffy - add the Sugar and Egg, keep beating until smooth.
2.) Mix the Coffee mixture with the Cottage Cheese and add to the Butter mixture - fold in gentle - chill until a little firmer.
3.) Combine the Milk and Vanilla - dip each Lady Finger into this mixture as you assemble the triangle:

  

    1 - Place 5 biscuits in 3 rows as above on a large sheet of aluminium foil 
         {plus extra to cover the triangle when done assembling}
    2 - Spread some of the Cottage Cheese mixture over the biscuits
    3 - Now, place 4 biscuits in 3 rows on top
    4 - Spread some Cottage Cheese mixture
    5 - 3 biscuits in 3 rows
    6 - Spread some Cottage Cheese mixture
    7 - 2 biscuits in 3 rows
    8 - Spread the remaining Cottage Cheese mixture over and into the open sides {if any}
    9 - Top with 1 biscuit in 3 rows
  10 - Fold the aluminium foil from the bottom up over the triangle, pressing gently into a well-formed triangle
  11 - Chill for 30 minutes in the freezer compartment - remove and open the aluminium foil
  12 - You will now have a half-frozen triangle - do not worry if it is not too smooth - the chocolate must still be spread over...

4.) Melt the Brown Milk Chocolate and using the back of a table spoon, spread it over the sides and top of the triangle - place back in the freezer compartment for a couple of minutes.
5.) If using - Melt the White Chocolate and drizzle over the cold dessert.
6.) Either place back in the freezer {if you want frozen} or chill until firm.

Remove the aluminium foil and transfer, carefully, to a serving dish - cut into slices.

Enjoy!

Ciao for now,


Linking up with these cool parties:







18 comments:

  1. Wow, this is different. Looks really good and not overly sweet.I like sweet but sometimes I don't want so much but still is a dessert. Am I making sense? Love it.

    We may have met by chance...but we become friends by choice.
    http://simpleesue.com/try-one-new-recipe-a-week-german-apple-puff-pancake

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom used to make an awesome trifle with lady fingers, but this is the first time I have seen this done with them. Very cool! I love desserts made with sweetened cheese, and the coffee in this one reminds me of tiramisu {which I love}. I'm curious as to the triangle shape? Any special reason for it in particular? Thanks Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic!..it is so pretty,I know it was delicious.I'm visiting from The Dedicated House.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda, this triangle looks absolutely delicious! Need to put it on my holiday baking list:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious! I'm your newest follower from "All my bloggy friends" blog hop. This is my blog if you wanted to follow back: godsgrowinggarden.com
    Thanks
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm absolutely delighted that you linked up yesterday at Mop It Up Monday! I'm featuring you over at The Tuesday Ten: http://www.ishouldbemoppingthefloor.com/2012/11/the-tuesday-ten_27.html. Have a fabulous week!

    {HUGS},
    kristi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great. And a wonderful tutorial. Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks amazing, and super decadent! Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Linda,
    This is a lovely dessert that I would love to try. Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a festive looking dessert. I think triangles would intimidate me too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, sounds amazing, a little like Tiramisu I am guessing, will definitely be trying this one!
    Thanks for sharing on Tutorial Thursdays.
    x
    Natalie
    www.marigoldsloft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is amazing looking, thanks for linking it up!
    http://www.joyfulhomemaking.com/2012/12/welcome-to-think-tank-thursday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that your cake has cheese and ladyfingers in it. Thanks for sharing this recipe on foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So unique! I love that you've created a yule log affect with it! What a great dessert for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yum! This looks so festive! Loved and pinned. Thanks for sharing at MightyCrafty Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, it's like a tiramisu pyramid! Tiramisu is my favorite...Now I want one. Thanks for sharing at Sweet Saturday!

    ReplyDelete