Thursday, November 1, 2012

Crustless Ham Savory Bake

Crustless Ham Savory Bake ~ Self-Crusting Ham Savory Bake ~ great for leftover ham #SavoryPie #Breakfast #LeftoverHam


Lunch or light dinner ..?? This is for you - it is actually very filling so do not let the "light dinner" confuse you. Add one or two sides, a salad and a roll and you are set!

I know this recipe by heart, that many times I have made it over the years - but I am sure it was from one of my favorite foodie authors.

If there happens to be a slice left the next morning ... delicious as a cold {or heat it up} breakfast!


Crustless Ham Savory Bake


1 1/2 cups Cake flour
1/2 TB Mustard Powder
1/2 t Salt
4 TB Butter, softened
3 cups Milk
3 Extra-Large Eggs
1 Small Onion, chopped finely
1 1/2 cups Cheddar cheese, grated
300g Cooked Ham, sliced or diced {I use the sliced found at the delis and slice it into smaller pieces}
Handful finely chopped Parsley

1.) Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) - Spray a 20 x 30cm oven dish with Spray 'N Cook.
2.) Sift together the Cake Flour, Mustard Powder and Salt in a large mixing bowl - add the Butter and mix until combined {it will look a bit crumbly}
3.) Beat the Milk and Eggs together - add to the Flour mixture - stir well.
4.) Add the Onion, Cheddar and Ham to the mixture - mix until well combined - transfer to the prepared oven dish - sprinkle the Parsley on top.
5.) Bake for 1 hour or until puffed and golden brown {once out of the oven the puff will go down a little}

Remove the dish from the oven - let it rest for 5 minutes - slice and serve!



18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. So glad we tried this, Linda! My family loved it :)

      Delete
  2. This looks so good. I will need to try this soon.
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  3. 300 grams translates to how many pounds (or ounces)? How big would a 20 X 30 cm pan be in inches? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really yummy! I love the spices you used. And no crust: excellent...... I bet it's good with spinach in it too.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds lovely and not too difficult, exactly what I like :) TY for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! We love dinners like this in our house too, your picture look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooo this looks SO good! pinning it NOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We do a Christmas brunch, this may just go on the menu,
    Steph
    swtboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda, this is a great Ham Bake! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds delicious and simple. I might have to make this for my company next week! Thanks! Lacey @ likeplayinghouse.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, love that you used cake flour. This recipe totally intrigues me (that is a really good thing). Thanks for sharing on Thursdays Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  12. YUMMY!!!!!!! Thanks for linking this too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great recipe, I think it would work great with whatever leftovers you had on hand. Maybe spinach!? Saving for future reference.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks yummy! I just love egg dishes, thanks for linking up to Think Tank Thursday last week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Leslie:
    I'm always looking for make ahead breakfasts for overnight guests. Do you think this would work to assemble, freeze, thaw in fridge, then bake in the morning?

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely dish! Could have it for lunch and dinner, I am sure I wouldn't mind:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks so yummy! I wonder if it will work with GF flour. I'm going to try it!

    ReplyDelete