Saturday, November 3, 2012

Dip-n-Stir Chocolate & Mallow Spoon


Here is a quick idea for a warm drink !  And the kids will find it a fun way of drinking hot chocolate ... {Not that I know any kids who need a fun way to drink any kind of chocolate}

I made this in no time at all and it is delicious :-)  It can also be wrapped in clear cellophane with an added ribbon, .. and you have a perfect gift for the neighbor or the teacher.

You need:

Dark Chocolate - good quality {not the cooking/melting kind}
White Chocolate - optional  
Marshmallows
Plastic or Wooden Spoons

- Stick a Marshmallow halfway through the spoon - set aside
- Melt the Dark Chocolate and pour into a mold {not too big - it must fit into a glass}, chill until halfway set, remove from refrigerator and press the spoon with the Marshmallow into the Chocolate, chill to set completely
- If using White Chocolate as well : use a little less Dark Chocolate in the mold, melt the White Chocolate and pour over the Dark Chocolate, press the spoon with the Marshmallow into the half set Chocolate {make swirls if you want to with a toothpick before the final chilling}, chill to set completely


Use hot milk {not just warm} - dip and stir with the spoon until all is melted.

Make sure to keep unused chocolate spoons in the refrigerator.


There you have it ... a fun hot chocolate drink WITH a Marshmallow !


Who is stocking up the refrigerator ??? {whink}

Ciao for now,


Linking up with these cool parties:





28 comments:

  1. MMMMM this looks like a decadently delish gift idea! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great idea! I am going to have to try this one! Found you through Watch Out Martha link party. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Come visit my Show me what you made link party this Saturday! I pinned this for later use!

    http://shecookscraftsruns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. One word! Delish! I love chocolate covered spoons. They are great for making your coffee a mocha as well. Thanks for sharing on Tout It Tuesday! Hope to see you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous idea! I've never seen it presented like this before. Pinning :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stopping by to invite you to My Wednesday Linky party. http://diycraftyprojects.com/2012/11/whatcha-work-up-wednesday-linky-party-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my - this looks amazing and delicious. Pinned and loved. Thank you for sharing at MightyCrafty Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! What a fun think to make with the kids for their friends.... :)
    Thanks for sharing!

    hugs x
    Crystelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need a recipe for the church sale this weekend. I think I found it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would LOVE to stir that into some hot milk, thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Linda,
    I love making these spoons. They are so good in coffee and hot chocolate. Thanks for sharing with Adorned From Above.
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooooh these look wonderful! Definitely Pin-worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely *LOVE* this and will be doing as a gift! I've pinned you! Thanks for linking up to Pin Me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks great! I am pinning these for sure! Thanks
    Rebecca
    www.heronscrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pinned this and love this idea. I will be making these as teacher's gifts - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this! Thanks for sharing :)

    Shannon @ Sewing Barefoot

    ReplyDelete
  17. What great little gifts or winter treats.
    Steph
    swtboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another great post Linda. Thanks so much for always linking up at my linky party Linda. I always love all of your posts.

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great idea for a no fuss wonderfully delicious drink! Thanks so much for sharing on Busy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great gift idea, Linda. And it's easy enough for the kids to help with :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. this is so fun! Ivy would love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome idea! Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is great! So easy to make, and I love the addition of the big marshmallow on top. I will have to try this with my mini muffin tins. Thanks for sharing at Sweet Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yum! I am seriously wanting one of these and some hot chocolate now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, this looks so delicious!! Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent this week.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, I love this idea, yummy too! Thanks for linking up last week!
    http://www.joyfulhomemaking.com/2012/11/welcome-to-think-tank-thursday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations! You've been featured on this week's Martha Mondays! :) Swing by to pick up a "Featured" button and do a little bragging! :)

    http://www.watchoutmartha.net/2012/11/martha-mondays-link-up-party-features_9388.html

    Amanda
    www.watchoutmartha.net

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis