Saturday, November 24, 2012

Edible Mini X-MAS Trees



Christmas Trees to eat !!  These would make such cute and adorable center pieces at the kids' Christmas table - that is, if your kids have their own table ... if not, they are just fine for the adult table as well, don't you think?

As soon as I saw this idea in a magazine, I wanted to make them, so.. I made the three larger ones using standard size ice-cream cones and then I found some mini cones in my freezer as well.. they might even be cuter than the larger trees!

This is what I used :



Standard ice-cream cones
Mini cones
A variety of soft candy
Melting chocolate
Sprinkles and other cake decorations
Edible glitter

See how easy this was to make:

Standard size cones; Melt the chocolate and cover the cones - starting from the bottom, stick the candy to the chocolate {if the chocolate is still a bit runny.. hold the candy in place for 30 - 40 seconds} - round-round to the top. Sprinkle with edible glitter and chill a few minutes to set.

Mini cones; I rolled these in the melted chocolate and lightly sprinkled them with all sorts of cake decorations, chill to set.

Easy !

***A great idea which I did not do {as my kids are grown-ups and no grandkids, yet..} is to place a small toy or lolly pop inside the larger cones, use icing to "glue" the bottom to a round cookie and then start with the tree.  The mini cones can have a small piece of paper with a joke or game inside,.. or even filled with caramel or mini marshmallows and closed the same way with icing and cookies. ***

Do you like them?  Do your kids have their own table at Christmas or any other occasions?

Later,


Linking up with these cool parties:






32 comments:

  1. What a great idea, my grand kids are getting older but would enjoy them. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing at All my Bloggy Friends. I can't wait to see what you share this week, Linda!

      Delete
  3. Really fun idea for the kids, you're so clever Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an idea I've never seen before. How fun! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea and I love the look!
    This week on the CSI Project it is all about Christmas! It can be anything as long as its Christmas, so come on over. The link up begins on Wednesday.
    www.thecsiproject.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how cute these are! The mini cones are adorable. I would love if you would link up to Fall Into the Holidays-
    https://redcrowgreencrow.wordpress.com/2012/11/24/fall-into-the-holidays-10/

    Katie @ Horrific Knits

    ReplyDelete
  7. they are adorable! Yes they'd be great at the ADULT table..the heck with those kids ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! They look yummy! Would love if you'd join our Countdown to Christmas link party! Hope to see you there! Have a great week! :)
    http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/2012_11_27_archive.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now these are my kind of trees! I love them. What an awesome idea! Thanks so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent.
    HUGS
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these. Such a great idea. Thanks for sharing!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yum, those look delicious, and super cute! Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fabulous! Fun and yummy as welL! Thanks for sharing!
    Rebecca
    www.heronscrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so cute and there is so many candies in the store that would be perfect to decorate them with!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun idea, Linda, thanks for sharing! Lot's of creative inspiration here!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are so fun! The kids would love them. We have A Christmas Eve party with the family and always make and do fun things. I will have to remember this. I already bought gingerbread house kits for this year. The trees would be a fun thing. Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are GREAT! I don't think they'd last very long on my kid's table...they'd gobble them right up!
    Thanks for sharing these and your other projects at Think Tank Thursday. I hope to see you tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love these! My boys and I will have fun! Thank you for sharing on Thursday's Treasures. <3 and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yummy....awww Jelly Tots, my favs!
    Thanks for sharing on Tutorial Thursdays.
    x
    Natalie
    www.marigoldsloft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gingerbread houses take so much time to set up. This looks like a really easy alternative. Great idea! Thanks for linking up at One Creative Weekend! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is a great idea! (As usual!) Love the idea of sticking something inside! My kids always sat at the kids table for holidays and they are glad to be at the grownups table now!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So cute, I want some of those, thanks for sharing on Super Sweet Saturday.
    Steph
    swtboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cute idea! I bet kids, both little and small, would love making and eathing these!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this idea!! Thank you so much for sharing all your fabulous ideas at our Create & Share party!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yum! Loved and pinned. Thanks for sharing at MightyCrafty Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks again for sharing!

    Susie @Bowdabra

    ReplyDelete
  26. How fun! These look so cute. Thanks for sharing at our Holiday Happenings linky.

    ReplyDelete