Saturday, November 24, 2012

Fluffy Feta Omelette




Light, fluffy and thick, that is what I call a great omelette.  The toppings/fillings are extra's to compliment the omelette, or do I have it the wrong way around?  

This is the first "thick" omelette I have had - you can see how nicely I sliced it into a wedge ... placed on a slice of toast and Voila - breakfast or a light dinner is served. Okay, we had some sausages on the side as well... how often do you hear that "...the meat was on the side..."?

If you are not a fan of Feta, try your own topping, easy as that!

Fluffy Feta Omelette


{makes 1 Large Omelette - approx. 6 wedges, about 1/2 inch thick}

6 Extra-Large Eggs
1/4 cup Water
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1 TB Butter
1/2 TB Oil
Feta Cheese, cubed - handful or more
Fresh Parsley, chopped

1.) Switch on the top grill of your oven.
2.) Whisk together the Eggs and Water - season with Salt & Pepper.
3.) Melt the Butter in a large (oven-proof) pan and add the Oil - stir to mix - add the beaten Egg mixture, cook over low heat, do not stir much.
4.) As soon as the center of the omelette start to set, remove from the stove - add the cubed Feta.
5.) Place the pan under the oven grill until the Feta start to soften {the omelette will puff up}- remove from the oven and garnish with the chopped Parsley.

Serve immediately and enjoy!


Bye-bye now,


Linking up with these cool parties:



8 comments:

  1. Linda, this looks extra good and sounds delicious! I like the idea of an omelet for dinner. I'm a new follower. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I love feta cheese but for some reason have never thought to put it in an omelet before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love eggs and feta. This is an easy omelette and looks delish. thank you for sharing.

    We may have met by chance...but we become friends by choice.
    http://simpleesue.com/try-one-new-recipe-a-week-thanksgiving-feast-day-2pa-dutch-potato-filling

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, this is a great recipe, I love the addition of the Feta. Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda,
    This looks amazing! I love feta cheese. I think this would be especially good with the addition of sun dried tomatoes, olives and maybe some fresh mint leaves. I will be featuring this on my blog at tonight's Marvelous Mondays party. Thanks so much for sharing!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love feta cheese with eggs. It makes such a great combination. Thanks for sharing on Thursdays Treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I often have eggs for dinner. One of my favorite omelets is a Greek omelet with spinach and Feta Feta Feta! YUM! wonderful recipe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anything with lots of feta has to be good and this omelette works for me at any meal.

    ReplyDelete