Thursday, November 22, 2012

Island De-Luxe Dessert

Island De-Luxe Dessert ~ Bring the Island to your table with this delicious Peach dessert #Dessert #PeachDessert #LayeredDessert

Trifle ..??  No, way, not even close - not to my taste buds anyway. Delicious, oh yes!

This is such an easy and simple recipe... hard to believe it is so good.  It does remind one of a trifle, but besides the Swiss Roll pieces and fruit, that is where the similarity ends.

I made individual servings in fairly large glasses.  You can make one big dessert or 6 - 8 medium sized individuals.

Island De-Luxe Dessert


source: EENSKOTTELTREFFERS recipe book {slightly adapted by me}

1 Ready-made Swiss Roll, cut into slices{one large dessert}pieces {individuals}
1 can (397g) Sweetened Condensed Milk
250g Cottage Cheese, smooth-plain
1/4 cup Lemon Juice
1 cup Apricot Yoghurt
1 can (410g) Peach slices, drained

1.) Place the Swiss Roll slices or pieces at the bottom of your dish.
2.) Beat together the Condensed Milk, Cottage Cheese, Lemon Juice and Apricot Yoghurt until smooth and thicker - spoon over the Swiss Roll slices/pieces.
3.) Chill for 1 - 2 hours in the refrigerator.
4.) Arrange the peach Slices on top and serve.

A Quick and easy delicious dessert!

Enjoy,

4 comments:

  1. MMM I love trifle but the cream always leaves me feeling sick, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dessert looks totally delicious! I can't wait to try it! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't think cold foods would tempt me, in this weather, but this one sure does. Fruit has a special appeal and this is such a pretty presentation. Thanks for sharing with My Meatless Mondays.

    ReplyDelete