Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Paper Doily Tree Ornaments


I am not sure whether playing around with the doilies or PicMonkey I enjoyed most !  

Just a few ideas which you can use to make easy Tree Ornaments - the fold is the same - only the decorations differ.  {Next on my list will be doily trees with ribbon ... I think, and also some 3D's}.

All of the pictures are self-explanatory, so you do not have to read much !  


After you have done this - go crazy !! Add whatever you like ...


Round Golden Rhinestones


Different shapes Silver/Red & Blue Rhinestones


NB - I made the above with small, broken and one medium mosaics - one doily is not strong enough to let it hang nicely - you will need about 4 doilies {stacked, then folded and decorated}


Same with the above - also use about 4 doilies ...Medium size mirror drop mosaic with smaller mirror and blue mosaics 


This one would be fine using two doilies as most of the mosaics are more to the center {all depends on how and where you place them}


I used two very light plastic decorations here


This one is my favorite as it started with me playing around with an old doily and accidentally dropped one of these plastic decorations on top ... Voila! an idea was born.
{One doily is enough to hold it's shape}


There you have it ... my one bright idea for the day !

Enjoy!


Linking up with these cool parties:






29 comments:

  1. Linda, I love paper doilies! This is really pretty what you came up with! I will have to give it a try and see what I can come up with. Thank you!
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea! They make such nice delicate trees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun idea! I love how easy it is to customize these things! Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These came out really cute, Linda.
    Have a great week.
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh they're very pretty, they'd be great for homemade cards as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun decorating is when you add your own handmade crafts. Great idea using the dollies. I can't wait to see more of your creativity. I found you through the Wicked Wednesday Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the simplicity and elegance of these! Found you from the Delightful Order link party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! I like all the different looks you gave them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love paper doilies, I've got them stuck all over my christmas presents. I really like this idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It іs the best time to mаkе a few ρlans for the futurе
    anԁ it іs time to be happy. I hаνе read thiѕ publіsh
    anԁ if I may just I wiѕh to reсommеnd
    уou ѕome faѕcіnating issues or suggestions.
    Perhapѕ уou cοuld wгite neхt articlеs гeferring tо this artіcle.
    I desiгe to read even morе things appгoximаtely it!
    Look into my homepage ; bodylastics reviews

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I would not have thought to use a doily for an ornament. They are so pretty though. Thanks for sharing on Thursdays Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely ornaments! Its a superb craft idea for kids.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are cute, would be really sweet on cards!
    Thanks for sharing on Tutorial Thursdays.
    x
    Natalie
    www.marigoldsloft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have tons of those little jewels all over the house. My kids would love to make these. Thanks for sharing this great project at One Creative Weekend! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are adorable! I would love it if you would share them at my link party at http://craftymomsshare.blogspot.com/2012/12/sharing-saturday-49.html. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So lovely and easy!! Love the idea! Thanks so much for sharing the great tutorial!
    Happy week !

    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are darling!! Thanks for linking to my Ornament Party. Thanks again and best Christmastime. Linda

    http://twosucculentsisters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are adorable and festive too!

    Happy to be your latest follower from the Inspire Me Monday hop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are SO beautiful!! I can't believe I haven't thought of these before seeing as I have lots of those paper doilys! Visiting via the Pin Me Link Party and am pinning your post!!

    Helen
    Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just wanted to let you know I gave this post a shout out today on the post Wednesday Weekly Review #19! (http://blueeyedbeautyblogg.blogspot.com/2012/12/wednesday-weekly-review-19.html)

    Helen
    Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  21. Adorable and simple- my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  22. A whole series of these in a little pot or tray would be so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are darling! Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas to you .

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super cute - would be fun for the kids next year! Loved and pinned. Thank you for sharing at MightyCrafty Mondays!

    ReplyDelete