Sunday, November 25, 2012

Passage Table Decorations



Today I am sharing with you a tiny piece of my passage, to be more specific, the small table between the bedroom doors of my kids.

Normally I have a gold statue of a Buddha, a tall maroonish color candle holder and a framed photo of the kids when Dimitri was less than 2 years old - feeding Cheri, about 2 weeks old, displayed on this table.

Above the table {see insert in the next pic}, hangs a canvas with a quote, which I love every word of - I bought this some years ago from a craft market.


I do believe they have taken the words of this quote to heart as they are very close!  Do not get me wrong... my kids can fight worse than a cat and a dog, but I know they love one another and are very protective of each other.

I used a decorative silver felt table place mat, added a small Christmas basket, some gift-box tree decorations, silver fairy hair and battery-operated lights inside the cloche {the lights can blink on and off or not}. Then I added a simple golden ribbon bow to the top of the cloche.

The small Christmas tree was supposed to go into the cloche...but, that looked much too busy and I decided to place it next to the cloche with a single snow-flake decoration as well.

A note about the table - I do not really like standard wood furniture, but the moment I saw this at a second hand store, I fell in love with it {and it only cost R 100 ! - that would be just over 10 US dollars} The table has a narrow drawer beneath the top, decorative legs to a lower top, with another narrow drawer, ending  with decorative feet.

Here is a photo when the lights are switched off:


I actually like this, and I am not really into home decor - especially putting colors together !

What do you think - fitting for a passage ? , which is one of the most used areas in the house... our house anyway...

Enjoy decorating your own home and do share with us !


Later,


Linking up with these cool parties:






18 comments:

  1. Hi Linda,
    This is beautiful. I came over with G+ so it will show as a no reply blogger. I'll change back when I am done.
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this time of year. I get to see all of these cool crafty posts. Great job. Btw your most popular post about the shelves and the fridge. Mind Blown!

    Garrett @The Growing Patch

    http://www.growingpatch.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you do pretty good at home decor! This is gorgeous and you have inspired me to make a Christmas cloche!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty vignette. I love cloches too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If some one desires to be updated with most recent technologies after that he
    must be pay a visit this web site and be up to date daily.
    Here is my homepage :: how to download movies

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute. Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, it looks great there! Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect for a passage -- like the single snowflake! Thanks so much for sharing on Busy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for linking up with the Clever Chicks this week; I hope you’ll join us again!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you did a fine job putting colors together :) It looks great, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very beautiful vignette. Nicely done! Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely table and cloche! My kids are the same, would die for each other but sometimes fighting, guess that's normal ... but I don't like the fighting :) Hugs ~ Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty! Loved and pinned. Thanks for sharing at MightyCrafty Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very lovely :) Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think that's a great idea. We have a few tables like this that we also got for a steal.

    ReplyDelete