Friday, December 28, 2012

A Review of 2012 {Your Faves}



2012 in Review !  I should say 7 1/2 months in Review - counting from my first food or craft related post which is, strangely enough, also my Pick of the bunch.

First I want to mention what an awesome eye-opener blogging turned out to be. It is fun, mostly, but on occasion there are posts {or news which gets worldwide attention} which is heartbreaking, especially when a blogger opens herself/himself open and just speak from the heart - maybe, problems in the marriage, or with the kids, illness or the death of someone close to them.  I read these, and I feel for their problems, however, I do not always comment as there are situations where there really are nothing to say. It is a way for that specific blogger to get something off the chest. {I know, I wrote one or two posts like that as well}

But, look at the bigger picture, we make friends, good friends at that! We get to share recipes and crafts, try out one another's recipes and it is just amazing to see all the talent out there in the world. Most of my inspiration comes from blogs which I follow and link parties.  I started with Pinterest at the beginning of the year and quickly became intrigued with the bloggers world and I knew ... this is something I want to be a part of. Instead of using Pinterest only as a re-pin station, I started Contributing as well - of course, there are millions of pins out there, but now I know, mine is also floating around.

I think that is enough chit-chat ... first I want to share my own PICK of the bunch, which was my first foodie post as well as my first featured post I have received from a link party.

MY PICK 





TOP 3 DIY POSTS


YOUR NO 1 FAVORITE






YOUR NO 2 FAVORITE




YOUR NO 3 FAVORITE






                                             TOP 3 RECIPE POSTS


YOUR NO 1 FAVORITE




YOUR NO 2 FAVORITE





YOUR NO 3 FAVORITE




Top traffic sources:

1 - Google
2 - Pinterest
3 - A Bowl Full of Lemons
4 - Trap!t
5 - Weekend Potluck

I Hate spammers with a passion but have to laugh/cry at some comments left:


1 - ".....blah, blah, ..can you help me to set up my own website?..." Followed by - visit me at my website XXX  -- Now really !

2 - ".... I found your information very informative and delightful..."  this was a comment on a heartbreaking post I did about the killing of my doggies

3 - " ... blah, blah... I think you might need some help in writing your posts..." Followed by - visit me at my website how to get a boy back


A Few funnies I found when people are searching with a few words:


1 - chorkie hairstyles - while I have a chorkie, she has a normal hairstyle which grows at it's own will and is not supposed to get a haircut in a certain style

2 - lions in South African streets - I promise, there are no lions running loose here!

3 - what is an ox? - okay.... I will not comment here



There are so much to talk about regarding blogging and whatever else "goes on behind the screen" ... if I carry on, I might have to include a blank list for 2013 because I will still be writing this post !!  {And keep in mind I am still regarded, by myself included, as a newbie in blogland with less than 8 months experience}


I hope you enjoyed this post, and if you have a spare moment, check out some of the TOPS.


Ciao for now - and waiting anxiously for 2013 to begin - it always feels so fresh to start a New Year !



I might be linking this post to some of these cool parties:







8 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up to our Strut Your Stuff Saturday! Have a Happy New Year! -The Six Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  2. The spam comments and search engine results make me laugh too. The spam is soooo out of context! I think I have gotten the same exact ones as you! Normally they are complimentary, but the one that insults you first ("you might need some help in writing your posts") was just mean. One search engine result I got was "Sakura jiggly girls." I promise you, there are no "jiggly girls" on my site. Weirdos! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've had so many amazing projects this year! Oh, and don't even get me started on those spam comments. LOL I hated to do it, but I stopped my anonymous commenting. That has helped some. I started getting tons of spam a few months ago. It was driving me crazy. :)

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing everyone post their top posts from the year. So fun and you have so many great things to share always! I also have had many spammers, had to cut anonymous comments. What a relief after I did! I hope you have a very Happy New Year Linda!
    Cheers,
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your DIY Grocery Slider was the post I read my first time visiting your blog! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I MUST try the coffee jello!! YUM!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've missed so much! First...I am off to check out the coffee jello...because A) all of your recipes are awesome and B) I love anything coffee! Second, this was a fun post to read and I'm glad you posted it here because I sure missed it during my blog break!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the review! Those spam comments are the best, aren't they? :)

    ReplyDelete