Saturday, December 29, 2012

Caramel Mini Donuts



I hardly ever use my donut maker, which I bought two or three years ago. Mainly, because it was packed away in the corner of one of my kitchen cabinets.  

Since we had the mini-makeover on the kitchen, I can find all my gadgets again.. confession, I am a gadget addict, and mostly I will buy something {which I do not really need!}, get home, use it once and forget about it.  

We enjoyed these little treats so much today, I think the donut maker should stay on the counter where I can see it everyday, and make some more soon.... maybe chocolate chip?...

Caramel Mini Donuts

{recipe enough for 20 mini donuts}

1 cup Cake Flour
1/2 cup Sugar
1 TB Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
1 Extra-Large Egg
1/2 t Caramel Concentrate
1/2 cup Buttermilk
4 TB Oil

1 cup Icing Sugar
1/2 t Caramel Concentrate
2 TB Water

1.) Mix the Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder and Salt in a medium bowl - add the Egg, Caramel and Buttermilk - beat about 1 minute until smooth - add the Oil and beat a further 1 minute.
2.) Spoon tablespoonfuls of batter into each hole when the donut maker is ready - cook until done {mine has a little light which turns off when finished} - transfer to a cooling rack - with a piece of waxpaper underneath to catch any drippings of the glaze - repeat the cooking process until the batter is finished.
3.) Meanwhile, make the glaze by mixing together the Icing Sugar, Caramel and water - spoon over the hot donuts as soon as it comes out of the donut maker.

I sprinkled some edible glitter over, being the festive season... a light dusting with Icing Sugar will also look great.

Enjoy !

Bye-bye now,


Linking up with these cool parties:



1 comment:

  1. These look delicious! Boy a dough-nut would be fun to have but dangerous!! Love it!
    Karen

    http://shabbybrocante.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete