Sunday, December 16, 2012

Cola Soaked Raisin Brownies



I am not a fan of brownies, the first time I made them, I thought it was a flop - it was dry and flat. However, this recipe looked interesting because of 1.) the Coca-Cola soaked raisins and 2.) lots of Chocolate.

These are so moist, I fell in love - I might just decide to start trying out other brownie recipes again!  Just because I was disappointed with my very first batch, I "almost" gave up on brownies, but alas, I am now a fan in the ever growing community of brownie lovers !!!

Cola Soaked Raisin Brownies


1/2 cup Seedless Raisins
1/2 cup Coca-Cola
1 cup Butter, room temperature
200g Dark Chocolate
2 cups Caster Sugar
3 Extra-Large Eggs
1 cup Flour
1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
Pinch Salt
100g Pecan Nuts, roughly chopped

1.) Soak the Raisins in the Cola for at least 2 hours.
2.) Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) - Line a square 25cm baking pan with baking paper.
3.) Melt together the Butter, Chocolate and Caster Sugar - beat in the Eggs one at a time.
4.) Sift in Flour, Cocoa Powder and Salt - mix well - add the Raisins {with the Cola} and the Pecan Nuts - mix well to combine all ingredients.
5.) Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 20 - 25 minutes until just set in the middle, but still slightly spongy - remove from oven and cool completely in pan.

Cut into squares and decorate as you wish - I used a stencil and dusted Icing Sugar over.


Ciao for now,


Linking up with these cool parties:



4 comments:

  1. Interesting combination with raisins! I love how you decorated with a snowflake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, I love the snowflakes on top! Thanks so much for sharing on Super Sweet Saturday.
    Steph
    swtboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love raisins in my meatballs and I'd bet I would like them even more in my brownies. Genius!

    Thank you for linking up with the Clever Chicks this week; I hope you’ll join us again!

    Merry Christmas!
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure this would be yummy! Pinned and loved - thank you for sharing at MightyCrafty Mondays!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis