Wednesday, December 26, 2012

New Year Candles


I have been playing with glitter!  Even my poor, innocent doggies are covered in glitter... but, look what I made to share with you today!

Most of us are still trying to recover from Christmas crafts and wrapping - not even to mention, cooking and baking - so I am bringing you some ideas which you can make quickly.  This is all really just dressing-up candles and candle holders to fit in with a New Years occasion.

All these can be adapted to suit your color scheme - I am a glittery, shiny New Year's person {but Silver, Gold, Blue and Black are my favorite colors for NY}


Candle holders - on the left I added a shiny, colorful ribbon all round the top, with a simple tea-light inside {see further down for dressing up tea-lights}
On the right I have first used a blue glitter glue pen - around the top as well as to write the 2013 ! thereafter I sprinkled some more silver glitter over the wet glue an waited for it to dry - also only a simple tea-light in here. 


Just look at the transformation of a standard boring tea-light !  On two of them I glued ribbon around the aluminium holders and the third tea-light got a coat of black paint - rolled in silver glitter whilst still wet {I think this has to be my favorite of the three ! } 


Last, but not least - an old silver candle ! I added some plastic bead stars and presto! looks new and ready for another type of occasion !



One more idea if you run out of tea-light holders - put them on top of an upturned glass... or inside ! 


I hope this post have helped you with any ideas and I would love to hear {and see!} what you have been up to for New Year !!

***Also see HERE for New Year Confetti Holders***
Ciao for now,


Linking up with these cool parties:






15 comments:

  1. Oooooh... sparkly!! Those are wonderful transformations. -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did that over summer when we moved into this house, I did candles in purple glitter to go in bathroom,

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!!! Love the idea! Thanks so much for sharing it.
    Wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year!

    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Those look like little jeweled crowns. Pretty!

    Thank you for partying with the Wildly Original Crowd.
    <3 Christina at I Gotta Create!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look fabulous! You are so ahead of me! I love them.

    Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent!

    Wishing you a very Happy New Year and looking forward to seeing what you create in 2013! :)

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute. I love what you did with the tea lights. Sweet little candles with bling. :) Visiting from Inspire Me Monday. Have a great new year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love glitter. Very cute projects. New follower!!! Would love to have you return the follow.

    Robin
    http://cutonedesignsbyrobin.blogspot.com

    PS found you from a creative princess link up party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are beautiful! Love the tea lights! Such great candle remakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are super cute Linda. Thanks for sharing. Happy New year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year!
    Thank you so much for sharing your (crafty project or tasty recipe) with us last week in the Bowdabra Crafty Showcase. We love seeing your creations! If you haven't yet stopped in, the new Showcase is up and running! We can't wait to see what you share with us in 2013!

    Susie@Bowdabra
    http://bowdabrablog.com/2013/01/05/saturday-showcase-craft-project-linky-14/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are so cute! Thank you for sharing this at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! You've been featured on this week's Martha Mondays! :) Swing by to pick up a "Featured" button and do a little bragging! :)

    http://www.watchoutmartha.net/2013/01/martha-mondays-link-up-party-features-17.html

    Amanda
    www.watchoutmartha.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. You amaze me with your creative ideas! These candles are very pretty. Loved and pinned. Thank you for sharing at MightyCrafty Mondays!

    ReplyDelete