Sunday, December 30, 2012

No Baker Wants To See THIS !



Uuhhmm, yeah... what shall we say about this picture?  What do YOU see?  Yes, a huge mess ... And that, just when I started to think I might be a baker after all, ga,,,, now something like this can really bring my big head back to earth.. 

I am not even going to share the recipe with you...Haha, I do not think you would want to make this one!  And, surely, I did nothing wrong, I followed the recipe to a T, therefore it must have been the recipe, right? Right??

Okay, joking over - I have no idea what went wrong here but it could have been too much butter? 200g to 2 1/2 cups of flour / or maybe it should have been plain flour and not self-raising flour / or the liners {quite expensive "cups" I might add} which did not expand as normal paper liners / or something just plain stupid I did wrong.

Anyhow, I shared this to give you 1.) a laugh !!!! Haha, it's okay, I am laughing the loudest !  and 2.) to show you what I don't normally share on the blog, but if it tastes okay-ish... we still eat it, and hope we will  be alive the next day.

What was it supposed to be ?  Strawberry Jam Donut Cupcakes ..... no resemblance at ALL !




Hope you have all have a lovely day!


I might be linking this up to some of these cool parties:







11 comments:

  1. LOL - they would have went great with the mashed potatoes that I mistakenly put almost a pound of butter in for our Christmas dinner! ( 15 pounds of potatos though )
    Don't even ask how that happened
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL YUM! rofl,could be worse, could of exploded all over stove lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. so funny! just throw a scoop of ice cream in the middle and pretend you were really making a pastry bowl. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laughin my butt off girl!! But...I love that you will eat them anyway...even if they don't look pretty! So...will you try the again? You have made such awesome stuff in the past, I'd still have you as my cook!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had that happen with a cake once when I was in grad school. It expanded so I ended up with about 3 cakes worth of batter-but only after I tried baking it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unfortunately they don't always come out right! Like RenJac said, At least it didn't explode =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a couple of these pictures in my "baking fails" file. They are all vanilla cupcakes... I can't bake one from scratch to save my life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha - when I saw this in my reader, I was like "what the heck?" We all have mishaps ... and I always blame the recipe ;) .... and we eat the not so pretty stuff too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, glad to see I'm not the only one! lol Will you try it again?? ;-)
    Happy New Year!
    Saw you sharing at Life on Lakeshore Drive
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well all your stuff always looks amazing, so I am glad to see you are human and something didn't turn out. LOL! Seriously, you are an amazing cook!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no, lol! Whenever that kind of thing happens you can bet it's a weekend and everyone si around to laugh at me or Im expecting company LOL Thanks for linking hun xo

    ReplyDelete