Sunday, January 27, 2013

Candied Peanut & Sea Salt Chocolate


Before we start today's post, I would like to remind you of my Facebook Link Up Party which will be open until January 31 - You can still link up  HERE


************************************************************************

This was supposed to have a mixture of Fruit & Nuts as a topping, but typically me,.. I found these delicious Candy coated Peanuts, so back on the rack with the Fruit & Nuts and here we are with the Candied Peanuts.

Super easy - no mold, yes, my heart shaped cookie cutters again!  As some of us in our household like our chocolate with a bit of Sea Salt and others don't, I made half with the Salt and the other half without.


You will need:

A good quality Chocolate, melted
Candied/Sugared Peanuts
Different size Heart cookie cutters  {or just one size}
Sea Salt {optional}
Sprinkles - I used "lips"  {optional}


Place your chosen cookie cutters on a piece of aluminium foil {flat plate underneath}
Pour the melted Chocolate into the cutters {to your thickness preference}
Place in the freezer compartment until half set (about 1 - 2 minutes, depending on the thickness}


Top with the Candied Peanuts whilst still half set - add the Sea Salt and Sprinkles {if using} now as well.
Place back in the freezer compartment for another 2 - 3 minutes until fully set.


Gently break off the excess chocolate which has seeped through {see arrows}.
Tap out your chocolate heart from the cookie cutter {I found to push it a little upwards first and then out downwards works best}

Perfect as a teacher or friend gift. Use paper lunch bags with a nice Valentine's ribbon as packaging.

Later,


Linking up with these cool parties:









5 comments:

  1. I wish I had seen all the cookie cutter ideas before Christmas, such a great idea! I'm very curious about salt in chocolate. Since I like my sea salt...a lot sounds like its something I would like. I need more hours in the day to cook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so cute and delicious! I am your newest follower!

    Christi
    http://the-not-so-perfect-momblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're so pretty and look delish! Great job! :)
    http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Nice, thanks for sharing this cute craft on Tutorial Thursdays.
    x
    Natalie
    www.marigoldsloft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete