Thursday, January 3, 2013

Easy Heart Chocolate Cut-Outs



Just want to share a quick tip with you !  Sometimes I need a certain shape of chocolate, now I am not talking about BIG shapes - little ones, to decorate cakes and other sweet treats.

Usually I would melt the chocolate, pour it onto a baking sheet and when it is almost set, I would use a knife or a cookie cutter to cut them into shapes.

Today, I baked some muffins and thought I would just pop a chocolate disk on top. Whilst waiting for the muffins to finish baking, my eye caught some heart cookie cutters !

I used the chocolate disks as is, at room temperature and just  pressed real hard {but keeping my fingers evenly over the cookie cutter, in order for the whole heart to be cut at once and not break}- look at those cute little hearts, not one broke ... the sides of the chocolate did splinter into pieces but that is okay, scoop them up and keep the broken pieces for when you do want to melt chocolate.

But you have to use a steel cookie cutter which is quite sharp on the cutting side. I placed a little heart shape on each muffin whilst still warm, only slightly cooled, and the shapes melted just enough onto the muffins to stay in place

Here is a look at how my Muffins turned out {recipe will follow in a day or so - watch this space ! }


*** These were sprinkled with edible glitter***


Linking up with these cool parties:


6 comments:

  1. Very cute! Thanks for sharing at Pinworthy Projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea and time saver!! Thanks for sharing this at the {what's shakin'} link party!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely and creative ~ wonderful idea ~ Yummy!


    A Creative Harbor) aka ArtMuseDog and Carol ^_^

    ps. am your latest GFC follower

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda, I'm visiting from Mop it up Monday. This is one of those "duh, why didn't I think of that" posts. What a great idea! Love it and will definitely be using it. So glad you shared!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the great tip! What a perfect way to decorate the muffins! Love it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful idea!!! So cute and they looks so delicious. Thank you very for for sharing the tip and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete