Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Ground Beef Nachos



I used to make this quite often, but for some reason, haven't for a while.  We eat this as a main meal on it's own. The pic shows a full portion for one person.

Roy and Dimitri always share an appetizer plate when we eat at one of our chain restaurants and they absolutely love it. The appetizer at the restaurant is similar to mine, but since I make it as a main meal I added meat.

Ground Beef Nachos

{4 large servings}

600g Lean Ground Beef {Mince}
1 packet Taco or Burrito seasoning
2 TB Oil   {I like to use Avocado Oil}
3 TB Water
1 Can Refried Beans or similar
1 large packet Doritos chips  {I use the cheese flavored}
2 cups Gouda Cheese, grated  {+ extra to top with}
4 Handfuls Lettuce, shredded
2 Tomatoes, chopped
1 Onion, diced
250g Cottage Cheese, plain, chunky
2 Avocados, mashed and seasoned with Salt & Black Pepper, to taste

1.) Heat the Oil in a pan - add the meat and cook until halfway done, add the Taco or Burrito seasoning and the Water, cook until done - add the Beans and heat through.
2.) Arrange the Doritos on 4 plates - scoop some of the meat mixture over, followed by the Cheese, Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Cottage Cheese and Avocado - in this order.
3.) Top with more grated Cheese.

Serve immediately.

Hope you enjoy this quick dish, which should not take you more than 30 minutes, from start to serving.


Ciao for now,


Linking up with these cool parties:






8 comments:

  1. That looks like the perfect friday night meal! pinning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These nachos look AMAZING! YUM!! :) Pinning... thanks for sharing your delicious recipe! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear you are going to make me fat, Linda! Actually, I just look and not touch (stuff my pie hole)...so I will be OK. I do love nachos!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good looking plate of nachos!!! It's a meal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow do these nachos look terrific. Thanks for sharing something so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy...I love nachos, but don't eat them very often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda,
    We just love Nachos, and your Ground Beef Nachos look awesome! Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete