Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Hot White Chocolate Sauce & Frozen Berries



Have you ever totally forgotten about a post ?  Especially after you had already done the editing of the photo, filed it in the "ready to post" file .. I did !

I made this as a dessert a few weeks ago already, and if I did not page through my hundreds lists, of to make, to post, for later ... you get the idea, how many lists I have floating around, I would have forgotten about this recipe - AND IT WAS SO GOOODDD !! How did I forget...


Anyhow, this is a delicious chocolate sauce which can be served with any number of desserts - I chose frozen strawberries {wanted frozen mixed berries, but could not find any :-(  }. I bought fresh strawberries and froze them myself - cut the strawberries into smaller pieces, place a single layer on aluminium foil and place in the freezer compartment for an hour or two until frozen.

Hot White Chocolate Sauce & Frozen Berries

{makes approx. 700ml}
source: adapted from the Springbok Kitchen 

400g White Chocolate, good quality
2 cups Fresh Cream {whipping cream/double cream}
3 TB Sweetened Condensed Milk

1.) Melt the White Chocolate {microwave or in a heatproof bowl over boiling water}.
2.) Add the Fresh Cream and Condensed Milk, mix well, place in the microwave for 30 - 60 seconds to heat.

** For a thicker sauce, use only 1 1/2 cups Fresh Cream**


Serve immediately over frozen berries.



Hope you enjoy!


Linking up with these cool parties:





4 comments:

  1. Oh stop it!! You are killin me here! I love the sound of this! I think this will make a perfect Valentine dinner dessert! I love sweetened condense milk...always leave some in the can just for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I have that for breakfast? It goes with fruit, so that's and it's okay, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda,
    What a fantastic cup of chocolate! Your recipe is awesome and thank you so much for sharing it with Full Plate Thursday.
    Have a great weekend and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete