Sunday, January 20, 2013

Long Boy Burgers


Baked burgers done all at once in the oven - this is a different type of burger and time saving. Definitely worth a shot when you have a crowd to feed - and delicious, it received all thumbs up in our house.

I have pinned this recipe months ago, made it a few times, but somehow never shared it {this is happening a lot these days..}.

Well, here we go:

Long Boy Burgers

{adapted by me from the original source which you can find HERE }

6 Long Bread Rolls, split lengthwise
1 1/4 cup Corn Flakes, crushed
1/2 Onion, chopped finely
1/2 cup Milk
6 TB Tomato Sauce
1 TB Worcestershire Sauce
2 t Garlic, crushed
1 Extra-Large Egg, beaten
1.2kg Lean Ground Beef {Mince}
Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste

Tomato Sauce, to spread {I use approximately 1 TB per burger}
2 cups Cheddar Cheese, grated
Green Bell Pepper strips, sauteed, to serve  {optional}

1.) Place the halved Bread Rolls on two lined baking sheets - toast under the grill in the oven until just starting to color.
2.) Pre-heat the oven to 220 deg C (450 deg F) - keep the toasted rolls on the lined baking sheets.
3.) In a large bowl, mix the following, Corn Flakes, Onion, Milk, 6 TB Tomato Sauce, Worcestershire Sauce, Garlic and the Egg until well combined - add the Ground Meat {Mince} and mix it all up - hands work best - season to taste with Salt and Black Pepper.
4.) Top each half of toasted Bread Roll with the meat mixture, making sure the bread tops are totally covered {it should be about 2cm - just less than 1 inch thick} - spread tops of the meat with Tomato Sauce.
5.) Bake 25 - 30 minutes until the meat is cooked through.
6.) Remove from oven - sprinkle with Cheddar Cheese and bake another 3 - 5 minutes until the cheese is melted.

Remove from oven, let rest for 5 minutes and serve with Green Bell Pepper, fries and a salad or two. {I have also served the burgers before with sliced Avocados instead of the Green bell Pepper}



Hope you enjoy this quick and almost effortless dish!

Later,



Linking up with these cool parties:





10 comments:

  1. My boys would love this, you've made something with all their favourite ingredients. Come feed my teenagers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, this would be great for parties!

    Already your follower hopping by, blogging @ Why?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have these pinned as well, but I haven't made them yet. I need to get on it! I think we would like them, but you never know with my super picky kids! Visiting from Mandy's Recipe Box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG these sound so good. That's a must try for my husband that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda,
    This looks delicious. You amaze me every week with your recipes. I love looking at all of them. Thanks so much for sharing at Wednesday's Adorned From Above Blog Hop.
    Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above
    Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures
    Nichi @ The Mandatory Mooch

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great Burger! Hope you have a great weekend and thanks for sharing your tasty recipe with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds yummy - toasted buns and topped with cheese take it over the top! Thanks so much for linking on Busy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to try these. I've never thought about making them this way. YUM! Thanks so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent.

    XOXO
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Linda, I found you on Saturday Dish. Love your dish you brought over.

    Be sure and come back next Saturday for Valentine's Day dishes.

    On Monday Tumbleweed Contessa starts a new party. "What'd You Do Last Weekend?" Love to have you drop by my kitchen with any link you line. http://www.tumbleweedcontessa.com

    The Contessa (Linda)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my goodness, these look awesome! thanks for sharing at Saturday DIshes!! Next week will be Valentine Dishes! ~ Paula

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis