Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Our Hearts Are Tied Together


Two hearts tied together with a ribbon ... and it's CHOCOLATE !  No mold needed, only a basic kitchen baking tool....

This was unbelievably easy to make. Let me show you how:


I know, I know - as soon as you had seen the two heart shaped cookie cutters, you have put it together, right? Well, for me, it was a first!  


Place the two cookie cutters on a piece of aluminium foil as shown in the above pic - melt chocolate and carefully pour in between the two cutters {as this was my first go at it, I made it a little thick and I did not want to break the hearts when removing them} - Chill for 2 - 3 minutes in the freezer compartment.


1.) Remove the outer cookie cutter carefully
2.) See the cutter had come away clean from the chocolate
3.) Whilst the inner cutter is still in place - break off the excess chocolate which has seeped through - then remove the cutter.


I made big hearts and smaller ones as well.
To finish I drizzled Caramel Chocolate over and tied a Valentine ribbon around two of the hearts.

Happy Valentine's crafting/baking and cooking!


Ciao for now,


Linking up with these cool parties:








13 comments:

  1. These look delicious! So perfect for Valentine's day, and so simple to do. Thanks for sharing!
    Tuula :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so clever, I love how you're putting a different spin on all those kitchen items - I would never think of that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So genius, Linda! Why don't I think of stuff like this?! LOVE this idea .... this may be my Valentine's to the kiddos this year - they will think it's cool :)

    Btw, I love all the new picmonkey stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! These look very delicious! What a great idea and yet so simple. Glad you shared this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda,
    I love these hearts. They not only look delicious, but they are beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing at Wednesday's Adorned From Above Blog Hop.
    Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above
    Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures
    Nichi @ The Mandatory Mooch

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome idea! I need to do this with my heart cutters! I just started a new link party and would love if you would come on over and share your post or social media sites. http://designeddecor.com/talkin-about-thursday-link-party4/

    DeDe@DesignedDecor

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! Thanks for sharing at Pinworthy Projects!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun idea, I'd never thought of using cookie cutters like this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so cute and perfect for Valentine's! You have been so busy. Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute, Linda! So how many did you make? While cute, it seems time consuming (with waiting for the choc to dry). Thanks so much for sharing (sorry I was so late to visit from last week's Humble Brag link party!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks again for linking up another awesome project!

    Have a great week!
    Susie@bowdabra
    http://bowdabrablog.com/2013/02/02/saturday-showcase-craft-project-linky-18/

    ReplyDelete
  12. How perfect for Valentine's Day! Thank you for sharing this at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete