Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Valentine Candle Holders


I am kicking this year off with a craft - Valentine's Day is just around the corner !  A lot of pics to follow, so I will spare you any unnecessary chit-chat.

THE BASICS NEEDED FOR THE CANDLE HOLDERS:


Glass Jars - any shape or size
Craft paper/newspaper
**I use my cookie cutters to find the right size heart shape - tip I picked up on Pinterest**
Votive Candles
Raffia/Ribbon/Leather Cord
Paper DOILIES
Glue or sellotape {not in pic}
Epsom Salts {not in pic}


To make the above I did the following:


I used an empty Nutella jar, cut a doily in half and using clear sellotape, taped it all round the jar


Found the right size heart cutter, traced it on craft paper and cut it out


Glued the heart to the front of the jar


To finish, I tied a piece of Raffia around - and added the candle


Number two was made as follows:


I place a doily on top and made rough markings to cut out the round piece which is covering the opening of the jar - here I have used an old honey jar
After I cut the round and pushed it over the opening{gently}, I added a red ribbon to the bottle neck and used the same cookie cutter, but I cut this heart from newspaper and glued it to the front




As there is nothing "decorative"at the bottom, I placed a small amount of Epsom Salts in the bottom and added a votive candle

 Last, but not least !


To see how I make potpourri dipped candles you can go HERE and check it out



I have had this square jar for so long in my craft box, I can not remember what it used to contain {maybe jam?}
Anyhow, I placed it on top of a paper doily and started folding the front and back pieces upwards against the jar


Then I tucked in the corners, as you would when wrapping a gift


To finish, I wrapped a piece of leather cord around the bottle neck a couple of times and tied it in front
I cut a heart from a brownish/pink piece of craft paper and glued it to the very top of the jar {see pic} - make sure to fold it back slightly, in case it hangs more towards the flame !
Lastly, I added one of my own Potpourri dipped votive candles


And that's it ! Pretty and free - I bought nothing for this craft - everything had come from my craft supplies.


Hope you enjoyed and I am looking forward to seeing all your crafts for Valentine's day as well !!

Ciao for now,



This project has earned the:


The 36th Avenue 


Linking up with these cool parties:













20 comments:

  1. Hey Linda,
    I love your candles. Happy New Year.
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet ideas ! coming from DIY dream to reality, and I'm so pleased to be your newest French follower (LE CHEMIN DU BONHEUR)
    xoxo from PARIS
    jOÊLLE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas! I am busy thinking about Valentines too. I am going to pin this and try it this year!
    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How perfectly charming! I love that the little doily looks like a lamp shade on the one! Happy New Year my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, this is FABULOUS!!! Sooooo darling!!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the candles and all things mason jars! Pinning them on my Pinterest board :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute! I love how simple and sweet your candles are! I LOVE dressing up jars for candles for the holidays! Thank you so much for sharing!
    Jaime from Crafty Scrappy Hapy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great project !

    I would love you to come and share it at my Craft, Create & Inspire Linky party

    http://polkadotpretties.com/2012/12/craft-create-inspire-linky-party-11/

    Hope to see you there:)

    Claire@ Polkadot pretties x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet idea for the candle holders..
    I don't want to think another
    holiday. lol
    Thanks for sharing
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute and very clever! I especially like #2. I'm making a list of recipients! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

  11. All are lovely!!! Love the sweet idea! Thanks so much for sharing the great tutorial!
    Have a great Year!

    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such cute ideas!! Love how they turned out. Great tip on using cookie cutters, so smart!

    Thanks so much for linking up at Artsy Corner. Hope to see you again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute idea! They look amazing, and thanks for linking it up at The Better Half!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so adorable! They look great. Sorry I am just now making my rounds. My first week of being back in school after 2 weeks off has kicked my tail. :)

    Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent this week. So thrilled to have you share. Have a wonderful weekend. :)

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for stopping in and sharing your inspirational craft project with our Crafty Showcase last week! You rock!

    We can't wait for you to stop in and share more of your ideas with us. The Crafty Showcase is open from Friday midnight until Thursday noon! http://bowdabrablog.com/2013/01/12/saturday-showcase-craft-project-linky-15/

    Thanks for the inspiration!
    Susie @Bowdabra

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how those doilies make everything so pretty, very cute

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute candles :)
    Thanks for sharing over on Tutorial Thursdays.
    x
    Natalie
    www.marigoldsloft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such great ideas - these would make lovely gifts. Loved and pinned. Thank you for sharing at MightyCrafty Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These would all be so cute for a country themed wedding or bridal shower. So cute! Thanks for linking up to Family Fun Friday!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis